Halco Laser Pro Lures (We sell 190 160 or 120 Size)
The Halco Laser pro fishing lure is one of the most recognised bluewater trolling lures for sale worldwide bar none. We’re not kidding when we say that laser pro is one of our best selling lure models out of all the baits we sell in our online store. We’re placing orders generally every week to keep up with demand.
We have questioned why Laser pros are one of the best sellers in our tackle store, and we think it amounts to a combination between fantastic value for money (Halco are affordable), the colour finishes are not too shabby, and finally, they catch fish. It’s not just a popular lure in Australia but globally.
It’s not all just about bluewater either. We stock a 120mm size which we have found sells well for those heading up north to target barramundi and other northern fish species in Australia.
Laser pro fishing lures can be cast or trolled at various trolling speeds. The boys at Halco tackle, however, suggest optimum speed at around 6.5 Knots for the 190 and 160 model and 3-7 knots for the 120 size. The boys also suggest ideal distances from the boat are between 10 metres to 50 metres, mainly when trolling for pelagics.
There is a massive list of species that will take a laser pro when trolling the lures at different distances and a wide speed band. While we won’t name them all, we will say that some of the most common targets on Halco Laser Pro Lures are tuna, barra, wahoo, mackerel, mahi-mahi, kingfish, sailfish, coral trout and too many others to list.
A handy pro tip though, if toothy fish are around, it is best to deploy your lures attached to super snap wire traces to avoid losing your laser.
Features and Specifications
- Quality Mustad Trebles
- Heavy Duty Split Rings
- Bulletproof reliable bib system (polycarbonate)
- Reliable construction to help withstand sharp toothed fish like barracuda
- Will troll at a variety of speeds
- Amazing colour finish
- Deep Diver Style
- Hard Lure body
- Buoyancy: Floating
- Will troll at a vast speed band, however, its optimum pace is around 6.5 knots for 190/160 model (3-7 for 120 sizes)
- Super affordable – it’s why we sell so many
Note: Price is for one single lure only and varies on which size you choose to purchase. Multiple images are for reference only. Choose which lure size/colour you desire when placing your online order.
Halco Laser Pro Lures Buying Guide
At the fishing tackle shop, we sell Laser Pro 190, 160 or 120 size lures. To take away some of the guesswork, we are going to detail a little more on each option straight below as well as revealing some handy info on our best selling colours a little further down the page.
HALCO LASER PRO 190 FISHING LURE (DD or XDD)
- Length: 18.5cm
- Approx Weight: 47 grams
- Hooks: Triple Strength Mustad Trebles 4/0 size
- Diving Depth: 2m+ (DD) or 6m+ (XDD)
- Popular target species: Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo, Dolphin Fish, Kingfish, Sailfish, Bluefin Tuna, Coral Trout, Spanish Mackerel, barracuda and so much more, the list endless.
- For the 190 sizes, the optimum speed for trolling is between 3-11 Knots (the sweet spot for targeting pelagics is around 6.5 knots)
Our best selling size here at Fishing tackle Shop is the 190. It’s the largest sized model in the line up for sale and is brilliant at catching bluewater fish offshore. The pure strength and durability, not to mention fish-catching success put Halco Laser Pro 190 lure leaps and bounds ahead of its competition.
The 190 fishing lure boasts a bulletproof bib system ensuring this lure will track straight and hold together when the big ones take a bite. The most successful speed for this lure is around 6.5 knots, but it’s very versatile and can troll at a wide range of speeds for different species and scenarios.
The Halco Laser Pro 190 fishing lure comes in a choice of 2 models, the DD model which dives to 2 meters plus or the XDD model which dives down to 6 meters plus. While the 190 fishing lure is the perfect Bluewater trolling lure, the 190 can also be cast and retrieved from your boat or the shore.
One handy tip is to troll more than one Halco Laser Pro at a time behind your boat if you want to increase your catch rate chases further. Additionally, we suggest that you do so with a range of colours and troll them at 10-50 metre distances from the boat.
Halco Laser Pro 160 Fishing Lure (DD or XDD)
- Length: 16cm
- Approx Weight: 30 grams
- Hooks: Triple Strength Mustad Trebles #2/0
- Diving Depth: 2m+ (DD) or 6m+ (XDD)
- Ideal trolling speed range: 3-11 Knots
- Popular target species: Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo, Dolphin Fish, Kingfish, Sailfish, Bluefin Tuna, Coral Trout, Spanish Mackerel and many others.
The Laser Pro 160 is the little brother of the 190 perfect for those times when the baitfish are little smaller. Apart from that, there isn’t much left to tell. The 160 size does all that the 190 does other than it’s a little shorter and the specs slightly differ as shown in our bullet points. Therefore, we would be repeating ourselves if we were to write the same things again.
Like the 190, the 160 size does come in DD double depth and XDD crazy deep models. If you pop a 160 size in your shopping cart make sure you pick your desired depth model (either DD or XDD).
Halco Laser Pro 120 Fishing Lure (STD or DD)
- Length: 11.8cm
- Approx Weight: 20 grams
- Hooks: Triple Strength Mustad Trebles #1
- Diving Depth: 2.5m+ (DD) or 1m (STD)
- Ideal trolling speeds: 3 knots on the standard model and 1 to 7 knots on the DD model
- Better inshore size for barra, fingermark, mangrove jack and other inshore saltwater residents.
Now we're on a different playing field. While you still can use the 120 for bluewater applications, it best suits the angler that casts or trolls in sheltered areas including inshore grounds. It’s our best selling size for those chasing fingermark, barramundi, mangrove jack or queenfish. At 11.8cm it’s at a much more palatable size for these few inshore fish.
The 120 lure is also fantastic for targeting Australian salmon, trevally, school mackerel, bonito and tailor from rock platforms when the conditions present as ideal.
That’s the million-dollar question. Well, indeed we suggest you purchase a range of colours if you can afford to do so, but if it’s our sales data you’re after should you need to narrow your choice down, then our best selling colours in 190 or 160 sizes are H50 Pilchard, H53 White Red Head, H79 Stripey and H57 Baitfish.
In the 120 sizes, it is a little more refined as generally target species differ, but H50 pilchard remains on the list a firm favourite for a wide range of species and even King Salmon over in Chile believe it or not love the H50. Other best colours in the 120 model include R26 Golden Green, R21 Chrome Silver multi, H70 King brown and H51 Chrome Gold.
- The Halco Laser Pro fishing lure has many benefits starting with worldwide popularity giving anglers the confidence to use this lure to its full capabilities when fishing saltwater.
- Halco bulletproof bib system keeps the bait tracking straight preventing tangles and weak action.
- One of the Halco Laser Pro Lures main benefits is its ability to troll at a wide range of speeds and distances. Just remember it is better when deploying, set your lures at different distances, so they don’t tangle since the closer lure will pass over other lines.
Halco Laser Pro lures are a must when it comes to Bluewater luring, add one to your cart and let the results speak for themselves. We ship worldwide.