Jarvis Walker Water Rat Telescopic Retractable Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
There’s nothing like travelling light. Fishing needn’t require a trailer and roof racks to get you and your kit out on the water to catch a big one. The Jarvis Walker Water Rat Telescopic fishing rod and reel combos are not only perfect for the traveller, they are also very accessibly priced so anybody can have one. What’s more, they’ll fit in your average sized backpack; yes, even the surf model.
Available in 3 models, you can purchase either a 6-foot spin rod, an 8-foot general purpose model or a 10-foot surf model for casting into the breakers and launching metal slices from the rocks. While very inexpensive there is no compromise on quality, a great feel is matched by endurance and performance. Modern materials have changed the way we look at the telescopic retractable fishing rod. Gone are the days of stiff and dead telescopic rods. Modern versions including the Water Rat deliver plenty of feel, strength and power so you can fish aggressively and with confidence.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Suitable For||Reel Capacity||Reel Ratio||Rod Line Class Rating|
|6 foot Spin (50cm retracted)||Rivers, lakes and bays||9lb/198yds||5.5:1||2-5kg|
|8 Foot GP (61cm retracted)||General purpose||18lb/175yds||5.2:1||3-7kg|
|10 Foot Surf (62cm retracted)||Rock and Beach||15lb/305yds||4.4:1||6-10kg|
- Telescopic Retractable Fishing Rod Construction
- Includes rod, reel and line spooled onto reel
- Brand: Jarvis Walker
- Model: Water Rat
- Reel features, 1 Ball bearing Stainless Steel Main Shaft and Brass Pinion Gear
Note: Images for illustration only Price is for one combo and price will vary depending on which model you choose to purchase.
Buyers Guide: What size suits best?
The 6-foot rod will be ideal around the inshore grounds such as lakes and rivers for the likes of Bream, Whiting, Bass and Trout. The 8-foot general purpose model gives you access to a larger class of fish around the rivers and estuaries as well as a bit of light rock. Cast flesh baits or lures for big Flathead, Mangrove Jack, big rock wall Bream and Tailor. The 10-footer, gets you out on the beach hunting Aussie Salmon and Tailor, whiting, dart and more. You can wrestle with a Mulloway or Big Bream. Hit the rocks for School Mackerel and a host of other surface feeders including Bonito. Great for casting Cunjevoi at Black Drummer.
Whatever your target, you can get to your preferred location easily without the need for a huge production number, simply put your kit into your backpack and get on a bus. Simple.
- Fish anywhere anytime as you’re always prepared with your easy to stash n carry telescopic combo
- Ideal for keeping on hand and ready to go in the boot of the car or in your office. You can even carry the 6 foot model in your brief case for a quick fish straight after work.
- Nothing collapses to a smaller length than the telescopic rod. It’s perfect for the traveller challenged by limited space.
- This is an ideal model for the back-packing trekker. All models are super lightweight and no load to carry at all
- Each Water Rat retractable fishing rod and reel combo model comes spooled with mono perfectly matched to the rating of the rod and reel.
Inexpensive and a total joy to transport and store, the Jarvis Walker Water rat telescopic fishing rod and reel combos for sale now are perfect for the angler on the move. Collapsing to a size that will fit in a back pack, you needn’t ever go anywhere without a rod and reel again.