Squidgy Slick Rig Lures
The Squidgies brand is unstoppable. It’s a brand that represents the pinnacle of soft plastic success and continues to dominate the market. It’s not just smart advertising or shelf position. It’s not just because Starlo and Bushy told you they’re good. It’s us.
We anglers have experienced success. We’ve caught our most prized fish on these guys, and had our most memorable fishing excursions with Squidgy. What’s more, they continue to innovate, and they continue to make it easier for us.
One of their best products for making our fishing easier is the Squidgy Slick Rig. This guy is hooked, weighted and ready to cast. For those of us that don’t like the guesswork of matching jig heads and hooks, for those of us that prefer to have lure adjustment managed for us, the Squidgy Slick Rig is the lure for you.
The Slick Rig fishing lure can be retrieved in a whole host of actions, meaning you have options when the fish are proving indecisive. Not that they are likely to be sluggish to the bite; however, it’s more likely your Slick Rig will be devoured on the way down to the strike zone. Anything that swims and eats smaller fish will find Squidgy Slick Rig lures irresistible.
There are several excellent colours. Depending on how far your wallet can stretch why not buy a pack of each, and you’ll have a Slick Rig for every application, location and most conditions.
For sale here at the fishing tackle shop, we sell 80mm, 110mm or 130mm sizes. See our features and specifications as well as buying guides below.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Brand: Squidgies
- Model: Standard Range
- Material: Soft plastic / rigged with weight and hook ready to fish
- Action: Unique twist/role action with thumbing tail beat
- Suitable for a wide range of saltwater and freshwater fish
- Quantity in pack: See our buying guide below for these details
Note: Price is for one packet only. Multiple images are for illustration only. Choose size/colour required when making your order with us here at the Fishing Tackle Shop. Image of packet is for illustration only too, colour of packaging will vary.
Squidgies Slick Rig Buying Guide
Here at the Fishing Tackle Shop, we sell the standard range in 3 sizes; either 80mm, 110mm or 130mm. Below we will detail a little on each size for sale.
80mm Squidgy Slick Rig– Is our best selling size for most inshore applications. It’s a top size for flathead, fingermark, mangrove jack and small barra, only to rattle off a couple of species.
- Size: 80mm
- Quantity in the packet: 5 Lures
110mm Squidgy Slick Rig– The Squidgy Slick Rig 110mm is an absolute weapon on Barra, but this is nowhere near the lures limits.
Nothing is safe when the 110mm Slick Rig is in play! The 110mm size is ideal for chasing other larger fish such as Threadfin Salmon, Queenfish, Mangrove Jack, Mulloway, Snapper, Australian Salmon and it can be trolled or retrieved slightly faster for certain Tuna species as well.
- Size: 110mm
- Quantity in the packet: 4 Lures
130mm Squidgy Slick Rig– This is the largest size In the range for sale and is our second prime selling size for those targeting big mulloway, barra or murray cod. At 130mm they're designed for stern fishing for heavyweight inshore species or offshore reef fishing such as the likes of large-sized snapper, kingfish and trevally.
- Size: 130mm
- Quantity in the packet: 4 lures
Best Selling Colours – while we suggest purchasing a variety of colours, the patterns we do sell most of for barramundi are ginger meggs and lorikeet. For murray cod lorikeet is usually standout. For mulloway, we find pilly, or ginger megs work well, and for snapper and other offshore reef fish, it is hard to bypass pilly.
These are only a few suggestions to steer you in the right direction if you don’t already have your personal favourite colour.
- Squidgy Slick Rig Lures are pre-rigged ready to role. No messing around. Tie to your fishing line or lure snap and start fishing.
- Excellent for beginners wishing to learn how to use soft plastic fishing lures.
- Deadly on any species that attack smaller baitfish.
- On the recovery, they respond well to several different retrieve techniques.
- Perfect for multiple freshwater or saltwater fishing styles.
- While the Squidgy Slick Rig is a Barra magnet, you will also find it the perfect weapon for chasing all fish that prey on smaller fish. The fact that these guys are pre-rigged makes them so convenient and so easy to use.
The Squidgy Slick Rig in either 80mm, 110mm or 130mm size is an upper contender for the top shelf of your tackle box…so easy and, totally deadly on just about anything med-large in size that swims. Add a pack or a bunch of them to your trolley now.