Okuma Ceymar Spinning reels Sizes 40 or 55 (medium sized fishing reels)
Outstanding value with plenty of punch. The Okuma Ceymar Spinning reels Sizes 40 or 55 represents the best of budget fishing with inclusions usually reserved for reels 3 times the price. As usual with Okuma the styling is excellent. High tech meets weaponised aggression in a red and black fusion that would put an armed sports car to shame.
For many anglers, size 40 and 55 are the workhorses of their reel arsenal as they do the lion’s share of their light beach and heavy estuary work as well as making appearances on the rocks and the blue water. Versatility is the order of the day in these medium size reels and Okuma has equipped them with a list of internals that satisfy the utilitarian disposition of these go anywhere models. Yes, there seems to be a disconnect between the Ferrari looks and 4WD Ute performance. It’s not confused however, this is a perfect marriage.
Take a look at the amazing list of features and you will wonder how Okuma managed to construct such a list at such an affordable price. Dominate the rivers and estuaries, cast or troll for light blue water action outside the heads then comb the surfside gutters for Whiting. Following this, you can hit the rocks for a mixed bag. Whether you’re casting lures or setting flesh baits, you’ll love the versatility of the Okuma Ceymar Spinning reels Sizes 40 or 55 (simply pick the size that suits you best when ordering) get yours now, they’re priced to sell.
Features and Specifications
- When ordering choose from either size 40 or 55 (price is for 1 reel only and price varies dependent on what size you choose when ordering)
- Physical Size: Medium
- Ball Bearings: 7+1
- Machine Cut Pinion gear (brass)
- Slim graphite construction body, side plate and rotor
- Spool and Handle: Aluminium
- Comfy EVA Reel handle knobs
- Heavy duty bail wire
Note: Images for illustration purpose only – differences may occur.
Model Specific info
Model Ceymar C-40 - size 40
- Gear ratio: 4.5:1
- Line capacity mono approx (diameter mm/metres): 0.25/300, 0.3/210, 0.35/155
- Approx Weight: 283g
- Max drag: 9kg
- Line Retrieve cm per crank: 74cm
Model Ceymar C-55- size 55
- Gear ratio: 4.5:1
- Line capacity mono approx (diameter mm/metres): 0.3/380, 0.35/280, 0.4/215
- Approx Weight: 403g
- Max drag: 15kg
- Line Retrieve cm per crank: 76cm
Fishing Applications and Fishing Reel Selection Guide
The 40 and 55 size reels allow you to dominate the estuary for heavier style fishing, but also particularly in the 55 size gives you access to light beach, rocks and out past the heads. Simply See our guide (here) if you are looking for a rod to match as our handy guide will give you a great starting point.
- With a great drag output, you will have enough fight in your Ceymar fishing reel by Okuma to turn the most obstinate competitor.
- Quick Set anti-reverse is deadly on the strike. With an absence of play the hooks a far more likely to hit home.
- The bail wire, often the most fragile part of a spin reel is quite thick, amazingly strong and therefore resistant to impacts.
- 7 bearings plus the precision elliptical precision gearing give the Ceymar a silky smoothness well beyond its humble price tag.
- RESII technology provides excellent line management. You get even, uniform spooling every retrieve.
The Okuma Ceymar Spinning reels, sizes 40 and 55 represent outstanding affordability in the general purpose go anywhere, do anything category of reel. Slick styling coupled with reliable performance provides anglers of all skill levels a joyful spin reel experience. Effortless operation supports an unquestioning work ethic in a well styled graphite body. The Okuma Ceymar Spinning reels, sizes 40 and 55 represent outstanding value. Pick which size you require then add it to your cart today.