Okuma Azores Jigging Rod Boat Jigging Rods Spin Models
Jig up a storm out in the deep blue with the Okuma Azores Boat Jigging Rods. We have 3 models available to choose from when ordering in the spinning range here at Fishing Tackle Shop. Each rod is sure to impress. Your choice will be determined by rating. How heavy do you want to fish? How much sport can you handle? Fancy a Tuna on PE 3? Or will you feel a little more confident with PE 8?
Whether you’re a bird in the hand angler, fishing heavy for insurance, or a lighter line legend, testing your skills and kit to the limit, the Azores fishing rod series will provide endless excitement across the range. The blanks are 24-Ton Carbon with an OC-9 overwrap. The blank is decked out with Fuji K guides, ideal for braid and jigging applications. Jigging enthusiasts will love the tapered rear handle that has an ergonomic fit for under the arm. Styling is awesome with the finish looking like that of a far more expensive rod.
For those who remember the Okuma Salina Rod range, these are basically the same but are the new up-specked evolution and now under the Azores Rod banner. Check the specs below. There is an Azores jigging rod that will suit you and the rod rack in your boat. Remember, GT’s, Tuna, Kingfish, Amberjack, and Mackerel don’t mess around. They’re tackle busting species. Ensure you’re in with a fighting chance and put an Okuma Azores jigging rod in your basket now. They’re priced to sell and excellent value for money.
Features and Specifications
- 24-ton carbon rod blanks, featuring OC-9 carbon outer wrap
- Ergonomic shaped, Hard Japanese EVA handles
- Fuji Reel seats
- Sections: 2. Split handle Ferrule connection (these are a 2 piece rod that split at the butt so essentially a 1 piece blank with a detachable rod butt)
- Guides from Fuji KWAG Alconite, anti-tangle and saltwater resistant
- Grooved EVA fore grips
- Action: Medium and Medium Heavy
- Rubberised gimbal fitting
- Guide wrappings with pure carbon thread for improved holding power
NOTE: Images are for illustration only. Some image specs may differ between models. Price is for 1 rod only – choose which model you prefer when you order.
Model Specific Info
- Length: 6ft
- Line Class: PE 3-4 (approx. 30-40lb braid)
- Suggested lure size 200 grams
- Length: 5ft 7 inches
- Line Class: PE 5-6 (approx. 50-60lb braid)
- Suggested lure size: 300 grams
- Length 5ft 7 inches
- Line Class: PE 7-8 (approx. 70-80lb braid)
- Suggested lure size 400 grams
Note: We now also stock the Azores 702M. A 7ft fishing rod rated 8-12Kg which is not a jig rod but ideal as a boat spin rod rated for 8-12Kg line class with a 40 gram cast weight
Fishing Applications and fishing reel suggestion guide
Okuma Azores Jigging rod range are ideal for boat fishing and as you would have guessed by now perfect for deep jigging with vertical or butterfly style jigs. However it doesn’t stop there. When you’re not in the mood to jig for monster kingfish or whatever else may be on the table since jigging can be back breaking work and after an hour or so of doing it you may likely be very sore and tired, then you can also use this rod as a heavy boat rod for bottom bashing with baits or even to do a little bit of trolling on spin gear with some light skirted lures or diving minnow lures.
Matching up a reel to your new Azores rod is the next piece in the puzzle. We suggest using a reel in the 55, 60, 70, 4500, 5000, 6000, 7000 for the 602M Model. For the 572MH rod we suggest using a 65, 75, 6500, 7500, 6000, 7000 sized reel. And for the 572H heavy series a 65, 75, 80, 7000, 8000, 10,000, 14000 sized reel will be fine.
- The 24-ton carbon rod blanks create the perfect strength and action combination ideal for jigging medium to heavy jig lures.
- Grooved EVA fore grips provide better grip when your hands and handle are slippery with a combination of fish slime and water.
- The rubberised gimbal fitting as far more gentle on and on the boat.
- The rear handle is shaped to better fit comfortably under the arm. The standard location when jigging.
- The Fuji Guides are perfect for jigging. Wind knots are all but eliminated a common problem with jigging rods.
- The Split handle ferule connection is fantastic. You have a 2 piece rod for transport whilst having a one piece blank.
The Spin models of the Okuma Azores jigging rod range will be a sure path to serious jigging action out on the blue water. Just think of the monsters likely to strike your 400 gram jig. Pull monster out of any part of the water column. Choose your length and choose your rating. How much sport do you want? For sale now!