Daiwa Saltist Star Drag reel – Overhead Fishing Reel
The mid-priced Daiwa Saltist Star Drag reel for sale now delivers the smoothest of power for tackling serious offshore predators. Commonly termed “bulletproof” the Daiwa Saltist Star Drag could also be dubbed Kingfish proof, Cobia Proof, Dolphin Fish Proof and exceptionally capable against the like of toothy Spaniards.
Digigear is at the heart of crank power. It’s beautifully supported by four stainless bearings ensuring the crank is not only iron-man strong but silky smooth. Casting is child’s play with the inclusion of Daiwa’s centrifugal braking system. You’ll be casting a lot, as there is nothing better than serving up poppers at the edge of a blue water reef. GT anybody? 50H will lap it up.
Depending on the model, you have from 8 kg to 12 kg of super-smooth star drag to assist you in the battle. Sporting generous spool capacities, there is no excuse for not focussing on big targets. With plenty of braid on board, you can drop it deep and bounce for a huge Mulloway, a Samson Fish or an enormous Snapper with a considerable bump on its head.
The sizeable adjustable handle and big neoprene knob a built for cranking hard; this is perfect for when the fish a stubborn, wherever it was in the water column that you found them.
The machined aluminium anodised frame ensures your refined gears remain in perfect mesh, even under the toughest loads. Corrosion furthermore is kept at bay, so your Daiwa Saltist Star Drag is assured of an exceptionally long working life. With stainless bearings, your Saltist works consistently at peak spec regardless of the salty environment.
Brilliant from the rocks or out in the blue stuff on your favourite vessel, the Daiwa Saltist Star Drag delivers pure excitement and adrenalin to your fishing. What’s more, you can lay into your quarry with the supreme confidence that your Daiwa Saltist Star Drag Reel is not likely to let you down. Troll cast or bounce the bottom and jig up a storm.
Check the size specs and choose the Daiwa Saltist Star Drag that’s perfect for your application. It’s accessibly priced and for sale now.
Features and Specifications
|Size Model||Ratio/Retrieve||Weight||Max Drag||Approx Braid capacity (J8)||Approx Mono Capacity|
|15H||6.4:1 (95cm per crank)||405 grams||8 kg||260yds/40lb or |
|20H||6.4:1 (95cm per crank)||465 grams||8 kg||330yds/40lb or |
|30H||6.4:1 (95cm per crank)||476 grams||8 kg||450yds/40lb or |
|490yds/12lb, 350yds/14lb or |
|35H||6.4:1 (100cm per crank)||604 grams||10 kg||390yds/50lb or |
|40H||6.4:1 (100cm per crank)||618 grams||10 kg||620yds/50lb or |
|50H||6.4:1 (100cm per crank)||635 grams||12 kg||610yds/65lb or |
- Daiwa Saltist Star drag reel
- Overhead style fishing reel
- Gear Ratio: 6.4:1
- Bearing system: Stainless 4+1
- Machined Anodised aluminium frame
- Digigear gearing arrangement
- Handle - neoprene large ergonomic size.
- centrifugal braking system
Note: Price is one Saltist star drag reel only. Price will vary depending on which model you choose. Slight differences can occur between models so treat images as illustration only.
Fishing applications and fishing rod suggestion guide
Daiwa Saltist star drag reels is a series predominantly sold for the offshore boat fishing market. They make excellent reels for jigging, bottom bashing, casting and float baiting from a boat. Also, although the sport of overhead surf and rock fishing is near non-existent these days in Australia, Daiwa also markets them for casting too. So, if you’re old school and love your overhead rock or surf casting the star drag Saltist is worth consideration.
For rod choice, boat anglers will ideally be seeking an offshore boat rod with a length between 5-6ft 6 inches in length. When picking a boat rod, consider the line class you will be running on the reel and then choose a rod accordingly within the line rating specifications you will be using. We have plenty of boat rods for sale, especially in the Daiwa rod range check our rod category out for the available options.
- Daiwas centrifugal braking system makes casting easy in any conditions. As you will likely be casting bigger lures on braid, the backlash will be much more likely to be relegated to an ancient lousy memory.
- The machined aluminium anodised frame is lightweight yet protects your gears with its rigidity. It is also highly corrosion resistant, as are the stainless bearings that deliver such a solid, smooth crank.
- The gear ration delivers the perfect balance of cranking speed and cranking power — ideal for wrestling targets from the depths or the topwater.
- The Ultra-smooth free spool work correctly in concert with the Centrifugal braking system. Casting is super easy, with minimum instruction, anglers of all skill levels will get long and accurate casts every time while avoiding the dreaded bird's nest.
With sleek lines and an eye-catching colour scheme, the Daiwa Saltist Star Drag turns plenty of heads. Importantly, it’ll turn plenty of fish toward the boat as well, as the technology is every bit as performance-driven as the cosmetics suggest.