Daiwa Saltiga Reel 2020
The 2020 Daiwa Saltiga spin reels are now for sale at the fishing tackle shop. Despite the breathtaking price, they’re flying off our shelves, so NOW is a great time to put your name on one.
Improving on perfect is, by definition, impossible. Nonetheless, Daiwa has given ‘impossible’ ‘the bird’ and engineered a new-look, superior Saltiga. Not just an upgrade from the Saltiga 2015 model, It’s a complete rebuild from the ground up.
The Daiwa Saltiga Reel 2020 model has surpassed the hype and is the current top spin reel to beat in the industry. Daiwa has set the bar high. Many will argue, the Saltiga 2020 fishing reel is the ultimate spin reel and without peer.
The noticeable and most dramatic change is the body redesign. The new Monocoque body is a single piece which has significantly increased rigidity.
Daiwa has removed the screws from the underside of the rear plate, delivering even better protection from water ingress.
Daiwa engineers have included select construction materials to boost corrosion resistance. The new paint is just as critical to corrosion resistance as it is to cosmetics. It’s a stunning looking reel as well as incredibly durable. You will notice a lack of porting in the Daiwa Saltiga 2020, and this too is all about keeping the water out.
Internal gearing is now significantly more substantial. The drive gear is more than twice the strength of Saltiga 15. The new aluminium Air Rotor is also worth noting as it is twice as rigid as the 15. Intelligent engineering has ensured strength upgrades have not come at the expense of the famous Saltiga light-weight feel.
A new take on washers has increased the already powerful drag pressure. Importantly, drag durability is now ten times better than its predecessor. Engineers have also redesigned the drag knob allowing for more efficient cooling and heat dissipation.
Spool efficiency and line management have benefited from a redesign of the ABS lip. Anglers can now expect even longer, more accurate casts with all-round better casting manners.
You will also note that the size designations have changed. The 8000 is the old 4500, with sizes starting at 8000, through to the GT busting 20,000. The Daiwa Saltiga Reel 2020 replaces the 15, the Expedition and the famous Dogfight. An entirely new series with a total rebuild.
The Daiwa Saltiga 2020 for sale now is the flagship of the Daiwa spin range. You’ll not find a better spin reel on the market designed for the most discerning and demanding of anglers who tackle the oceans most powerful species.
Nothing can describe the feeling of fishing with the best reel in Daiwa’s stables. If you demand the best there is; if you require the best fishing experience available; and if you demand the most advanced, most powerful and smooth spin reel there is, you have to order a Daiwa Saltiga 2020 from the fishing tackle shop.
Never mind the aspirational price point. It will pay you back 100 fold when you land your first GT punching through 40kg. Daiwa’s Saltiga 2020, Just say yes.
Now check out the specs. There’s a 2020 with your name on it.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Gear Ratio||Physical Size Class||Old Sizing Scale Comparison||Approx Braid Capacity||Capacity PE||Approx Mono Capacity||Max Drag||Retrieve||Approx. Weight|
|14000-P||4.8:1||Extra Large||None||330yds/65lb |
|14000-XH||6.2:1||Extra Large||None||330yds/65lb |
|18000-P||4.5:1||Extra Large||6500||65lb/440yds |
|18000-H||5.8:1||Extra Large||6500H||65lb/440yds |
|20000-H||5.8:1||Extra Large||8000 Expedition / Dogfight||80lb/440yds |
- Bearings: 12 (6xCRBB & 2x MSBB)
- ABS Long Cast Spool
- Aluminium Air Rotor
- Air Bale
- Monocoque (MQ) Body
- G1 Duralumin Drive Gear
- Automatic Tournament Drag (ATD)
- Mag-Sealed Bearings, Line Roller and Body
- Twist Buster II
- Silent Oscillation
- Metal Ball Knob
- Infinite Anti-Reverse
- 2020 Release model (and still current)
Note: Price of the Daiwa Saltiga Reel 2020 Spin varies depending on which model you select in our ordering menu. Price is for one single reel (20 references the year release model 2020, not the qty of reels you will receive). Images are for illustration only. There may be slight variations between sizes.
Daiwa Saltiga 2020 Spin Reel Model Buying Guide
The Saltiga 2020 fishing reel range is comprehensive. Whether you cast live baits into deep surf gutters chasing Mega Mulloway, or cast huge metal slices for Tuna in the blue water, there’s a Saltiga for you. There are 2-speed options (High gear or power gear) with all but the 20,000.
For many saltwater anglers, the large physical size models such as the 8000 or 10000 Saltiga will be all you need for chasing typical common species like snapper, kingfish or mulloway. However, the considerable max drag capacity of 25kg of the large-size reel options opens up tremendous possibilities. With substantial fish turning power well beyond what the reel size would typically imply, it creates a near endless list of options for targeting the heaviest of inshore species though to wrestling giant trevally, coral trout, emperor, sailfish or tuna offshore.
Turning over to the Extra large sizes, being the 14,000, 18000 or 20000 models, you get serious capacity and potential for the heaviest of beach and rock fishing applications. Sharks or monster mulloway is just two species which tick the list. Take the same sized reels offshore, and you have generous capacities to wrangle with GT, Tuna, Sailfish, marlin, sharks and other tackle busting brutes of the deep.
Choosing a fishing rod to suit will naturally depend on the application specifics. We remain confident that the Saltiga customer base will likely already be well aware of the matching gear required. However, if you are not sure or need our take on rods, we’re here and only too willing to offer a couple of recommendations.
- Daiwa Saltiga 20 is the best spin reel there is. It designed for casting at the most robust species in our oceans. From mammoth Jewfish from break-walls to GT’s and yellowtail Kingfish as big as they grow. Onshore and off, there’s nothing with gills or scales your Saltigas not up for.
- The Monocoque (MQ) Body and G1 Duralumin Drive Gear have taken strength and rigidity off the scales, more than double that of the 2015 model. Keep in mind; the 15 was already profoundly strong.
- With 25 to 30kg of ATD, now you get even greater washer durability. So, continuous battles against massive fish ensure you get consistent performance whether it’s your first 60kg monster or your 20th.
- The Saltiga is so smooth; you have to feel it to appreciate it. With 12 bearings all up, each movement or rotation is like a hot knife through butter. These bearings also lend phenomenal support to the gear system.
- The Daiwa Saltiga Reel 2020 is designed to last. Sealed to within an inch of its life, even the porting has been removed to combat water ingress. From sealing to body materials and paint, the Daiwa Saltiga fishing reel is genuinely designed to last countless years of fishing under the harshest of conditions.
- The combination of power, spool capacity and drag capacity provides you access to everything that swims. You’re limited only by your skills and imagination.
The Daiwa Saltiga Reel 2020 is for sale now, and there’s no more impressive spin reel on the market. The Saltiga 2020 is a reel that all anglers aspire to own. It’s the pinnacle of fishing excellence and the ultimate fishing experience.