Yamashita Squid Jig - Egi Live
Yamashita has undertaken extensive research into eging or more commonly known as squid fishing, and it has been Identified that Squid can sense temperature differences in the water. The result of such research prompted Yamashita Lure manufacturers to design and produce a unique live series squid jig like no other on the lure market.
Yamashita developed a patented thermo-storage cloth in which they named the warm jacket. The Warm jacket is a cloth that responds to light of any form, whether it be sunlight or artificial light from a torch or similar.
The warm jacket is composed of a new innovation material named tactywarm which is weaved with a unique thread that is able to transform light into heat producing thermo energy about 0.5 to 1 degree Celsius warmer when the squid jig is in the water (depending on the actual conditions).
The unique warm jacket cloth maintains its temperature for a much longer time frame with the ability to retain heat similar to a natural fish or another form of prey.
Since squid can search for their prey by detecting temperature variations when they are on the hunt, this makes the Yamashita Squid Jig Live Series the top dog squid fishing lure and is our best selling brand model bar none.
Many of our staff here at Fishing Tackle Shop will exclusively use a Yamashita Squid Jig. See our range for sale and check out our best online Yamashita squid jig deals.
Features and Specifications
- Sizes Available are; 2.5 (10 grams and overall length is 4 inches) 3.0/15 grams and 3.5 (20 grams and overall length is approx 13.5cm)
- Tactywarm jacket on Yamashita Live series Squid Jig fishing lures
- Patented unique nose design
- Large flat eyes with a glow edge
- Super fine squid spikes
- Hyper direct SUS eyelet
- Knife edged style sink weight - Tin (not lead which is less environmentally friendly)
- Strike Body
- Longer Casting distance than other traditional Squid Jigs
Note: Price displayed is for 1 singe lure only, Price will vary opon selection of size. Choose the colour and size you require when ordering.
- Available in popular sizes 2.5 and 3.5, if you are chasing squid in fairly shallow water or if the squid are shy try using the size 2.5 Yamashita live squid jig. If you are fishing in deeper water or want to cast further try the Yamashita Squid jig size 3.5, both are perfect squid catching fishing lures but the Yamashita Live Squid Jig will also work in successfully capturing cuttlefish or octopus.
- Yamashita Live Squid Jigs and their Tactywarm jacket is like no other squid jig on the market with its ability to retain heat by turning a light source into heat. As squid sense temperature differences the Yamashita live squid jig is the only jig you should be using if you are serious about catching a feed of squid.
- Patented unique nose design on the Yamashita Live Series squid jigs is the thinnest nose that is available compared to other jigs on the market. This feature minimizes water resistance when hopped giving the Yamashita squid jig improved action with little effort.
- Super fine squid spikes ensure that when fishing with the Yamashita live squid jig once a squid takes your lure it will penetrate with ease helping ensure your capture.
- Hyper Direct SUS Eyelet will assist in maintaining jig strength and also will help prevent the Yamashita squid jig from breakage or leakage.
- Yamashita squid jigs incorporate a knife edged sinker weight which allows less resistance in the water.
- A strike designed body makes it easier to retrieve your Yamashita squid jig was accompanied by being able to cast much further than many other traditional squid jigs on the market.
So, what are you waiting for? Fill your tackle box with Yamashita squid jigs today and get serious about catching squid.