Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI 20 - 2 Speed Game Reel
Over the past few decades, a number of great fishing reels have come out from Shimano’s stock, the one that stands out the most is the Tiagra series of game fishing reels! These reels have become synonymous with big fish and outstanding high-performance.
The Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI 20 is one of the signature models from this series that has gathered a sizable following among game fishing enthusiasts.
Considered the benchmark for game fishing reels, the Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reels are designed to withstand tremendous amounts of punishment. Its thicker gold anodized coating makes it more durable and less prone to erosion in harsh fishing conditions.
Its specially designed drag curve is another huge plus for this reel as it makes it more suitable for Australian fishing conditions. The Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI 20 comes with a click stop drag quadrant feature that gives more accurate drag adjustments.
The addition of harness lugs to the reel is why the Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI 20 is a great option for the game fishing enthusiast, as it gives that extra bit of power and confidence by allowing the angler to have the option of using a stand-up harness.
The Shimano Tiagra TI 20 Fishing Reel is made out of a one piece aluminium frame for greater durability. With a thickness of 7mm, the Shimano Tiagra TI 20 is the toughest reel available in the market.
Featuring Shimano’s famous A-RB bearings, a two speed shifting mechanism and a set of heavy-duty stainless steel gears, the continuous meshing of the pinion and drive gears gives the Shimano Tiagra TI 20 true game fishing performance.
For saltwater game fishing, the Shimano Tiagra is the only option when it comes to top notch performance and durability is concerned.
Features and Specifications
- Mono capacity for Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI 20is 9kg / 631m
- Power Pro capacity 50lb / 1123yds
- The Shimano Tiagra TI 20 features a dual gear option high gear of 3.9:1 while the low gear features a fish turning ratio of 1.7:1
- Retrieve per crank high gear is 104cm, Low gear is 46cm
- ARB bearings 4
- Max Drag Power for Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI 20 is 16kg
- Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI 20’s drag type is Lever Drag
- Weight for this reel is 1409g
- Machined Aluminum Frame
- Machined Aluminum Sideplates
- Cold Forged Aluminum Spool
- A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings)
- Metal Series
- Chrome Plated Sideplate Screws
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Twin Pawl Anti-Reverse System
- Twin Disk Drag System
- Ergonomic Power Handle
Rod Recomendations and Target Species
The Shimano Tiagra 20 reel ideally matches up to a light weight game rod rated up to 15kg if using monofilament lines it also can be used on overhead graphite jig rods with braid. The Tiagra TI20 is suited to target tuna, small marlin, sailfish, wahoo and sharks.
The Tiagra TI 20 game reel is starting to become popular with land based anglers chasing longtail tuna on light line from the stones. Use our stores search function located at the top of the page or contact us if you require further assistance.
- One of the top reels in the Tiagra A series featuring a highly sensitive and easily adjustable lever drag system
- Equipped with click stop drag quadrant feature that gives more accurate drag adjustments
- Two Speed gearing for down and dirty work or quicker line retrieval
- With rubberized power handle for better control
- More durable and resistant to constant punishment
The Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI 20 is the best in the market when it comes to game fishing. If you are looking for a great saltwater fishing reel that is easy to handle and is extremely durable, then this is the best option available for you