Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel 80 WA - 2 Speed Game Reel
With a mix of tradition and advanced fishing technologies, Shimano continues to produce outstanding fishing tools and none more have earned a reputation as big and deserved as the Tiagra series of game fishing reels.The Tiagra series from Shimano is one of the more celebrated series of fishing reels from Shimano, earning the recognition as the ultimate benchmark for game fishing reels.
The Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI80WA is one of the signature models from this series that has gathered a sizable following among game fishing anglers.
The Shimano Tiagra TI80WA’s resistance and durability against the constant punishment of saltwater is one of the main reasons it is very popular among game fishers. Its signature thick gold anodizing protects the reel from corrosion and damage brought about by the harsh environment of the sea.
The Shimano Tiagra 80WA features a large spool capacity. It also features a click stop drag quadrant that produces more accurate drag adjustments.
With the addition of harness lugs to the reel the Shimano Tiagra TI 80WA makes a perfect companion for game fishing enthusiast, as it gives that extra bit of power and confidence by allowing the angler to have option of using a stand-up harness. Of course it is just as home in a loaded up in a game chair on the back of a 40 foot cruiser!
The Shimano Tiagra TI 80WA Fishing Reel is made out of a one piece aluminium frame for greater durability. With a thickness of 7mm, this makes the Shimano Tiagra TI 80WA the toughest reel of its size in the market today.
Featuring Shimano’s famous A-RB bearings, a two speed shifting mechanism and a set of heavy-duty stainless steel gears, the continuous meshing of the pinion and drive gears give the Shimano Tiagra TI 80WA Game Fishing Reel true game fishing performance.
For saltwater game fishing, the Shimano Tiagra is the only option when it comes to top notch performance and durability is concerned.
Features and Specifications
- Mono capacity TI 80A 36kg/868m
- Power Pro capacity 100lb / 2240yds
- The Shimano Tiagra TI 80WA features a dual gearing the high gear of 2.5:1 while the low gear features a fish turning ratio of 1.3:1
- Retrieve per crank high gear is 94cm, Low gear is 48cm
- ARB bearings 4
- Max Drag Power for Shimano Tiagra TI 80WA is 24kg
- Lever Drag
- Weight for this reel is 3266g
- Machined Aluminum Frame
- Machined Aluminum Sideplates
- Cold Forged Aluminum Spool
- A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings)
- Metal Series
- Chrome Plated Sideplate Screws
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Twin Pawl Anti-Reverse System
- Twin Disk Drag System
- Ergonomic Power Handle
Rod Recomendations and Target Species
The Shimano Tiagra 80WA reel ideally matches up to game rods rated at 24 to 37kg but can be fished on heavier stroker style rods. The Tiagra TI80WA is suited to target tuna, marlin, sailfish, wahoo and sharks by game fishers.
Use our stores search function located at the top of the page or contact us if you require further assistance in picking a rod for your Tiagra 80
- One of the top reels in the Tiagra A series featuring a highly sensitive and easily adjustable lever drag system
- The most popular marlin reel on the market today used by more game fishers that any other reel
- Tiagra 80WA features a large spool for even greater line capacity great for targeting those big marlin and tuna
- Equipped with click stop drag quadrant feature that gives more accurate drag adjustments
- Two Speed gearing for down and dirty work or quicker line retrieval
- With rubberized power handle for better control
- More durable and resistant to constant punishment
The Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel TI 80WA is the best in the market when it comes to game fishing. If you are looking for a great saltwater fishing reel that is easy to handle and is extremely durable, then look no further than a Tiagra Reel from Shimano