Shimano Ocea Jigger Reels
We all know the efforts required to get the most out of a jig, and the intensity of a battle come hook-up. The Shimano Ocea Jigger Fishing Reel is designed to combat the stress and strain of jigging by reducing the weight of the reel and adding a lengthened forged handle for outstanding cranking power, and fishing ergonomics.
Often you will be fishing deep in the column. This is when the Ocea comes into its own. The emphasis is on handling. The crank, the star drag, Micromodule Gear and the Hagane Body work in concert to take the load of the battle. With Ocea Jigger Reels, the focus on the battle will be on the fish, not managing your kit.
This is refined jigging performance underpinned by incredible power. Spool capacities are generous allowing you to get deep, and also allows larger predators to run out their anger before you turn them to the boat.
There are two ratios from which to choose in most sizes. Selecting your reel is about target and tempo. The HG is faster, the PG is better suited to slower jigging, when target depths are clearly defined.
Selecting size is all about spool capacity. Water depth and target species will also play into the deliberation.
Whatever Ocea you choose, you can rest assured that you have all the power, feel and performance you demand in refined over-head reel package. It will take out so much of the effort associated with jigging at depth in the blue water.
Choose your Shimano Ocea Jigger Reel, for sale now.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Drag(kg)||Ratio||Bearings||Retrieve per crank (cm)||Weight||PE Braid Line Capacity|
- Ball Bearings: Shielded anti rust
- Gearing: Strong Micromodule
- Hagane Forged S Compact Body
- Infinity Drive
- E.I Surface treatment
Note: Images for illustration only, slight variances may occur between models such as the handle can vary. Price is for 1 reel only. Choose which size you wish to purchase when ordering. Price will vary depending on the model you select from order menu.
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Guide
Being a jigging reel for best performance we suggest purchasing a jigging rod to suit (in overhead models) we have a few available for sale here at fishing tackle shop. Head to our search section and type jigging rod. Simply contact us if you need further advice.
For application the Shimano Ocea Jigger reel naturally is a jigging reel so ideal for those that fish offshore and target tuna, kingfish and other heavy weights on vertical and butterfly jigging lures.
- Micromodule technology ensures reduced oscillation vibration. Smoothness and sensitivity are outstanding. And there has been no sacrifice of strength and durability.
- With the Hagane body, stiffness and impact resistance are increased significantly. Flex is eliminated, supporting gearing for all-round greater performance.
- S-ARB bearings keep dust, salt and water at bay. Your reel operates at peak continually, and also enjoys a much longer working life.
- With Infinity Drive, bearings support the pinion gear providing a more powerful yet lighter winding action.
- The E.I. surface treatment provides twice the durability to the spool. Wear is decreased ensuring rust has no place to get hold.
- The S-compact body is a boon to fish fighting ergonomics. The grip is significantly enhanced and weight is reduced.
- The ergonomic star drag allows the angler to adjust settings easily in the heat of battle. A great feel allows for accurate adjustment.
Keeping things compact and light is perfect for the high physical demands of jigging. The Shimano Ocea Jigger Reels for sale now does all that and more. Strap on an Ocea now for outstanding feel and performance while you jig blue water.