Shimano Baitrunner OC Reels
The Shimano Baitrunner OC Reels are perfect for the flesh bait and live bait anglers. The famous Shimano Baitrunner system allows fish to take a bait with virtually no resistance. Without being spooked, the fish takes the bait aggressively and runs.
With a turn of the handle, the OC Baitrunner system transfers to the pre-set drag system, and the angler can strike. With the OC Baitrunner system, more strikes become hook-ups.
The reel sizes cover a wide range of fishing applications. The 4000 has the inshore grounds nailed, including the beach. Ideal for live worms and nippers, you’ll be chasing everything from big bream to big flathead.
A 6000 OC is perfect for the beach and lighter rock fishing applications. It has all the power required for casting long for tailor, bonito and big Aussie salmon. Bump up to the 8000, and you can live bait for mulloway and hit the reef for some extra-large snapper.
The 12000 OC will serve you well live baiting the beach and rock walls for huge mulloway. It will be great for bait fishing the bottom outside the heads, as well as chasing the like of some species of Tuna. Rock anglers will like it for tackling the stalwart drummer and groper, kingfish and mackerel with live baits.
Loaded with high-grade Shimano technologies, the Shimano Baitrunner OC Reels for sale here at the fishing tackle shop delivers performance at an accessible price point. If you fish live, fish Shimano Baitrunner OC Reels.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Physical Size Class||Main Use||Gear Ratio||Max Drag||Retrieve Per Crank||Approx Mono Capacity||Approx Braid Capacity||Approx Weight|
|4000OC||Medium Size||Light beach, river, lake or light offshore||4.8:1||7Kg||71cm||8lb/240yds |
|6000OC||Medium Size||Heavy inshore, rock, beach to med-heavy offshore||4.8:1||9Kg||89cm||10lb/300yds |
|8000OC||Large Size||Offshore boat fishing, rock or surf fishing||4.8:1||9Kg||91cm||14lb/295yds |
|12000OC||Large-XL Size||Offshore boat fishing, rock or surf fishing||4.6:1||12Kg||93cm||12lb/550yds |
- Bearings: 3+1
- Easy access oil maintenance port
- Original Baitrunner system
- Vari-speed oscillation
- Propulsion line management
- Multi-piece bail arm system
- Aluminium spool
- Dyna Balance Anti Wobble System
- Fluid Drive II gearing System
- Super Stopper 2 anti-reverse system
Note: Price is for a single reel only and will vary depending on the size you choose to order. Multiple images of the OC are for illustration only.
SHIMANO BAITRUNNER OC BUYING GUIDE
Many of our customers will already know the basics about Shimano OC fishing reel sizing. However, for those that don’t, or for our customers who wish to be extra sure, take a browse over our buying guide right here which will detail a little blurb on each size OC reel that we sell here at Fishing Tackle Shop.
Shimano Baitrunner 4000 OC Reel
A smaller sized baitrunner reel which will handle various inshore fishing styles. Ideal for fishing within lakes and rivers for flathead, mulloway, barramundi, fingermark and other medium classes of fish.
The 4000 OC baitrunner also makes an excellent light offshore fishing reel when targeting snapper on shallow reefs or when drifting for flathead.
Generally, A 4000 OC baitrunner will perform best when matched to a 6ft to 8ft fishing rod that has a line rating of around 6Kg plus.
Shimano Baitrunner 6000 OC Reel
If you are searching for a near-perfect allrounder, then the Shimano 6000 OC baitrunner is undoubtedly a choice that our team here at Fishing Tackle Shop recommend.
An angler can do so much with a 6000 sized reel; it’s a size that will match to a myriad of rods from beach and rock to boat.
6000 OC Reels will generally match up fine to most 8-10ft rods for the beach, and for rock fishing which has a line rating of approximately 8kg plus. The same applies to offshore boat rods which length around 6-7ft.
Shimano Baitrnner 8000 OC Reel
Is not a size that is too dissimilar to the 6000 other than it holds extra line or a weightier class. The overall physical size of the 8000 size OC remains practical to the 6000. The same fishing styles and rod recommendations stay the same as shown for the 6000.
Shimano Baitrunner 12000 OC Reel
Here we are, the most significant size sold in the OC range for sale. The perfect size for fishing excellent line capacities or heavier lines. Ideally matching with many 10-12ft beach and rock fishing rods rated 10Kg plus or for heavier offshore boat fishing on a 10kg+ rated 6-7ft boat rod.
A basic list of species anglers may target on a Shimano 12000 OC baitrunner include the likes of Jewfish, small beach sharks, Snapper, Australian salmon, bonito, kingfish, tailor and a wide range of northern and southern reef species.
- The double-sided, shielded stainless steel ball bearings do there best to help ensure your reel resists corrosion, working at peak for countless session on the salty stuff.
- Easy access oil maintenance encourages regular, easy maintenance, without having to dismantle the Shimano Baitrunner OC Fishing Reel.
- Propulsion Line Management System allows the line to peel off in a consistent uniform way while reducing friction. The result is longer more accurate casts every cast.
- Fluid Drive II gearing System means more cranking power and a far smoother crank with far less cranking effort from you. The polished gear surface is silky smooth and whisper-quiet
- Super Stopper II is an anti-reverse system that eliminates back play. The precision, dedicated bearing ensures a far better strike to hook-up ratio.
- The Dyna Balance Anti-Wobble System delivers refined balance to the rotor. Much like automotive wheel balancing, the result is a wobble-free, smooth crank, increasing feel and sensitivity.
Shimano Baitrunner OC Reels are for sale now at the fishing tackle shop. They deliver the best of Shimano Baitrunner technology at an accessible price. Ideal for anglers that love live and flesh bait angling, there’s a perfect Shimano Baitrunner OC Reel size for your fishing application.