Quantum Throttle Reels II
Quantum are an exciting reel manufacturer. The bigger more popular brands should take note. These guys embody the notion of innovation. The quality for price is really turning heads. There is a reason Quantum are starting to make some serious headway in market share. The quantum throttle II series is an example of why discerning anglers are turning to Quantum. The Throttle 30 or 40 size are examples of where re-thinking the construction process can turn top shelf performance into something we all can afford.
Quantum Throttle Reels will feel perfectly at home on even the most expensive flick stick. There will be no disconnect between performance here even though you could probably buy 3-4 Quantum Throttle reels for the price you paid for your rod alone. The Uni-body design is the key to providing the Throttle with its phenomenal smoothness, rigidity and long working life. It is also the feature that keeps the reel in the entry level pricing category. Don’t for a moment think that this is an entry level performance reel though. The Quantum Throttle Reel is comparable in performance and durability to some reels within a higher category price bracket.
This is inshore genius. After several years in development the Quantum Throttle reels series has hit the ground running and is going to start knock some market leaders from their pedestal. The Throttle demands consideration for your next light spin upgrade. You may be paying a hundred dollars less than your current reel, but believe us, it will definitely be an upgrade, and the durability is such that it will be a long time before you need to upgrade again. Just get one. They’re brilliant!
Features and Specifications
|Model||Size Class||Approx. Mono Capacity||Approx. Braid Capacity||Gear Ratio||Max Drag rating||Approx Weight|
|Throttle 30||Small||150yds/10lb||220yds/20lb||5.2:1||8lb||278 grams|
|Throttle 40||Medium||230yds/10lb||240yds/30lb||5.3:1||13lb||358 grams|
- Ball bearings (stainless steel): 10+1
- Aluminium construction uni body
- Rotor materiel: graphite
- Main Shaft made of stainless steel
- Classy looking reel
- Rubber ring on spool for braid users
- Model Series: Quantum Throttle II
Note: Images for illustration purpose only – price is for 1 reel only, select your desired size when ordering from our menu.
Quantum Throttle Reel Buyer guide and Fishing Applications
Quantum Throttle 30 Size - is a small sized reel and will generally suit light fishing situations such as river or lake fishing. As such we recommend a 6-7ft fishing rod with a line rating anywhere in the vicinity of 3-6kg
Quantum Throttle 40 Size – is where things become a little more versatile. With 40 size reel you are well positioned to tackle medium to heavy lake and river species, you are able to do some light spinning off the rocks or beach and you are capable of being able to do a little light offshore fishing such as using soft plastic lures for snapper on local reefs. The most ideal rods to look for will be a 6ft-7ft graphite spin rod with a rating of around 4-8kgs or thereabouts for heavy inshore or light offshore. From the beach, a light 8-10ft rod will be ideal (more of a blackfish style rod so a 2-5kg rated 8-10ft rod would be typically a rod calibre we would recommend matching a 40 size reel)
- The new construction technique has allowed for fantastic rigidity. The removal of flex and movement via the connection of multiple parts such as side covers etc. results in incredible smooth running and compliance from your gears.
- The spool is braid ready (rubber ring for braid without the need to use backing – braid is not included), double anodised and with MaxCast II will provide you outstanding distance and accuracy.
- 10 + 1 bearings in the Quantum Throttle reels provide velvety smooth performance and compliment the rigidity of the body for a smooth operation that you just don’t see in fishing reels that fit in the entry level category.
- Quantum Throttle reels are so incredibly light so there is no concern about fatigue. The lightweight construction does not compromise durability in the slightest.
- The strength and line capacity of the Throttle fishing reel series give you access to fish that will see it punching well above its weight.
The Quantum Throttle fishing reel series are the types of reels that will turn those anglers that have been immovably brand loyal to the bigger manufacturers and the reason is simple. They’re making better reels at a far more affordable price. Buy one of our Quantum Throttle reels for sale here today at Fishing Tackle Shop.