AFN Fishing Atlas to Sydney-Hawkesbury
People often forget that some of the country’s best and most wonderful fishing is available right in the middle of our biggest, most populated, pumping metropolis. It is often hard to think of cloud reaching skyscrapers and 50kg Yellowtail Kingfish in the same thought. But I guess there are a lot of Australians that don’t realise that you can hook into Kingfish of record breaking Kingies while you’re staring at the Opera House. A short trip up the road will bring you to one of Australia’s most spectacular water ways, the Hawkesbury River. It is devastatingly beautiful and absolutely teaming with fish. You can land yourself a Mulloway on a live Squid that will be feeding the family for weeks.
In fact Sydney and the Hawkesbury offer such a prolific selection of fishing opportunities you really could fish it for a lifetime and barely scratch the surface. There are saltwater and fresh water opportunities. You can fish amidst the high-rise or find the most secluded little stream and feel you are completely alone. To get the best out of the Sydney and Hawkesbury you should arm yourself with an informative map, and the best of these bar none is the AFN Fishing Atlas to Sydney-Hawkesbury. So vast are there waterways so numerous the locations and so abundant the fish one can barely begin to know where to start. Before you even launch a boat there are truly spectacular land based fishing havens where you could hit a sandy beach and bag out on some Whiting or hit the ocean Rocks and feed your land based game addiction on Marlin, Sailfish or Blue Fin Tuna.
And when you do get in the Boat, the shelf is just a stones throw away. And here, the sky is the limit. When people think about Australia’s best fishing, they think The Northern Territory, the Great Barrier Reef. Truth is, it may well be surrounding the nation’s most populous city. Better grab yourself a Fishing Guide to Sydney-Hawkesbury and work out where you should start.
Features and Specifications
- Covers Botany Bay, Broken Bay, Port Hacking, Georges River & Parramatta River and of course Sydney Harbour
- Includes GPS marks for the boaties
- Contains detailed coloured maps showing what to fish for, where to catch fish, how to target particular species, baits, rigs and lures
- Also covers boat ramp details, fishing and tackle supplies
- The greatest benefit is that you can get the most out of these magnificent waterways as your guide points you in the right direction relative to your equipment, access and needs.
- You’re not left guessing as to where to start. If you have a fishy target in mind, consult the book and it will tell you exactly where to go.
- It you could ever want to know about the area is contained in these pages. Use this book as a guide and you will find fish.
The AFN Fishing ATLAS to Sydney-Hawkesbury is your one stop guide to getting a grip on the vastness of fishing opportunity that is Sydney and the Hawkesbury. If you could choose just one location to fish for the rest of your life, it would be hard to beat this. The variety of species is overwhelming as are the locations and scenery. Grab yourself a copy of the AFN Fishing Guide to Sydney-Hawkesbury and start getting intimate with the fishing grounds of this vast angling paradise.