Dive Weight Mould
Making your own dive weights can save you a heap of cash, is a heap of fun and allows you to make weights that suit you. With dive shops selling dive weights for as much as 30 bucks, making your own will save you enough cash for a wetsuit upgrade in no time.
The 1.4 kg (3 lb) Lead Dive Weight Mould is for sale now at the fishing tackle shop. It is the most popular dive belt weight by far.
If you scuba dive, free dive, snorkel or spear, the dive weight mould will make the perfect addition to your dive kit.
For those that have cast their own lead, merely buy the moulds, and you're away. For those new to the lead casting process, casting lead is pretty straight forward and requires inexpensive equipment. A strict eye for safety and a DIY attitude are essential. You’ll find plenty of scrap lead at the scrap metal yards.
With this dive weight mould, you can make diving weights to the maximum weight of 3 pounds, or you can vary the heaviness by reducing the amount of molten lead you pour into the mould.
The moulds construction consists of cast aluminium. It is incredibly sturdy and will take a heck of a beating. You’ll have it forever, provided you don’t lose it.
Molten metal can be dangerous when mishandled and without the correct safety equipment. Make sure you are well and truly clued in before you commence casting your own lead. Watching online videos often helps steer you in the right direction.
The Dive Weight Mould is for sale now at the fishing tackle shop. Discover the metallurgist in you and add some easy DIY to your dive, spearing, or snorkelling kit.
Features and Specifications
- Constructed from cast aluminium
- It makes weights up to 1.4kg (3lb). Most popular dive weight
- Variable weights possible by adjusting pour
- Robust, hard-wearing mould
- Ideal scuba diving, spearfishing, free diving and snorkelling.
- Save cash. Making your own weights is highly economical.
- When appropriate precautions have been taken, and safety is adhered to, casting lead can be fun and rewarding.
- Personalise your dive kit precisely to your specifications.
- Make weights for your dive buddies and turn a profit. The dive weight mould could pay for itself in no time at all.
The Rule 1.4 kg (3 pound) Weight Mould, adds a new level of DIY independence to your dive, snorkelling and spearing adventures. Have some fun, save some cash and make you own dive weights with Rule and the fishing tackle shop.