Daiwa Tatula 150 Baitcaster Fishing Reel
The Daiwa Tatula has always been brilliant. Now, the Tatula 150 model is the perfect all-rounder size. It’s far from overkill when chasing Bass in the far reaches of a freshwater creek, and it’s also plenty enough to tackle Barra from the Victoria River.
Highlighting the inclusions list is Digigear, Ultimate Tournament Drag (UTD), and Magforce Z. Exquisite casting manners compliment a smooth and powerful crank. 5 kg of UTD is equally stable and is more than enough to subdue your target before it reaches the relative safety of the structure from where you have just wrestled it.
The feature list doesn’t stop there however, other technologies include; an aluminium frame and side plate (gear side), high strength gearing, long arm ratcheted star drag, 100mm Swept crank handle for an effortless crank, TWS “T-Wing type II System”, air rotation and 7 bearings for a buttery, effortless crank.
The Daiwa Tatula 150, while undoubtedly refined, is designed to be a workhorse and is the epitome of versatility. It’s your go-to baitcaster in just about any situation, environment and conditions.
Cast hard bodies at Barra in the rivers or impoundments. Toss swim baits at Murray Cod in a pristine river. Work soft plastics in a remote pond for aggressive Bass or drop vibes at Bream in the colder months.
Weighing in at only 225 grams, the Tatula is built to be cast all day with a complete absence of fatigue. Sitting low on your reel seat, you will love the ergonomics that make the Tatula feel like an extension of your hand.
The Daiwa Tatula 150 is a mid-priced reel, yet the inclusions list and astonishing performance would suggest it sits in a far higher price bracket. This is excellent news for discerning anglers looking to stretch their fishing budget without compromising on top shelf technology and performance.
The model options for sale allows you to choose between cranking power, speed or a happy medium when you are ready to purchase. However, one thing that should be clear is you must buy a Tatula 150.
For go-to non-stop reliability, versatility and performance, the Daiwa Tatula 150 is without peer. Use it everywhere, every day and catch more fish and better fish, more often. Brilliance starts with Daiwa.
Features and Specifications
- Approx reel weight: 225 grams
- Ultimate tournament Ratchet star drag with Max Drag: 5kg
- Approx Line capacity: 125m PE4 braid (approx. 40lb)
- Approx monofilament line capacity 150yds / 14lb or 130yds / 16lb
- The ideal all-around sized baitcaster fishing reel
- Bearings: 7+1
- Frame/side plate construction: Aluminium
- T-Wing MKII System
- Handle: 100mm Swept crank style
- Daiwa Digigear gearing system
- Magforce Z Casting control
Model Specific info
- 150P / Power crank / 5.1:1 gear ratio / right hand
- 150H / High Crank / 6.3:1 gear ratio / right hand
- 150HS /High Speed / 7.3:1 gear ratio / right hand
- 150HSL / High Speed / 7.3:1 gear ratio / left hand
Note: Price in our listing for sale is for one single reel only. Images for illustration purpose. Choose which model you require when ordering.
Daiwa Tatula 150 Baitcaster reel fishing applications and rod suggestion guide
Being a baitcaster reel, they must only pair up with baitcaster fishing rods. We have many rod options to choose from for sale in our online tackle shop.
To find a rod, it’s as easy as tying in ‘baitcaster rod’ directly into our search tool at the top of our website.
The Tatula 150 reel is a universal sized bait cast reel. It is marketed to be an all-rounder when angling for any Aussie inshore fish species ranging from Australian bass and perch to murray cod or barramundi. Depending on what your core target species is will determine the line class of rod you need. Most Cod or barra anglers will buy a baitcaster rod rated around 10kg or thereabouts on average, and the bass angler is likely to settle for a rod of much less class (about 2-5kg).
- Max 5 kg of UTD is more than enough to arrest the desperate runs of predators like Barramundi.
- What's more, A Daiwa Tatula 150 baitcaster fishing reel is smooth as silk and equally effective on smaller species using much lighter rigs.
- Magforce Z delivers excellent casting control in all conditions, with the TWS enhancing an already brilliant cast with its pivoting t-shaped line guide.
- Digigear offers high strength gearing that is not on very powerful but incredibly smooth. A perfect mesh is kept complete via the rigidity of the aluminium frame and side plate that eliminates twist and movement.
- The ergonomics are second to none, with the 100mm swept crank handle and long arm ratcheted star drag intuitively positioned for seamless operation.
- 7+1 ball bearing system assists in delivering the velvety smooth crank even under the toughest of erratic loads when your target will try everything to embarrass you.
When you’re seeking a baitcaster as your go-to spearhead reel for a broad range of applications, it has to be the Daiwa Tatula 150 baitcaster fishing reel. No other baitcaster has the pedigree, versatility and power to perform consistently, session after session, in Australia’s most stringent fishing conditions.