Shimano Curado DC Reel Baitcaster
Curado is a name well understood by Shimano and baitcaster fans alike. The Shimano Curado DC reel for sale now, is likely a lessor known variation on the highly successful baitcaster label. DC stands for digital cast. While digital cast is not a new concept, its lack of availability and prominence locally, has kept the technology under the radar for all but the most dedicated reel tech watchers.
Digital Cast technology passes a large percentage of breaking management over to a microcomputer. Don’t panic, it doesn’t replace you and your casting skills, and it doesn’t require batteries and charging.
It does achieve something every baitcaster fan appreciates; a massive reduction in overrun (backlash) while fishing tough conditions. We all hate a bird’s nest. Indeed, it’s the skill required for casting a baitcaster that excludes many an angler from embracing the use of baitcasters. DC technology will change this.
The DC allows you to fish fluro, mono or braid with very light lures, while casting into the wind. Obviously, you can do this with most baitcasters, but the frequency of overrun, and the ensuing high-volume thumb management makes casting a chore as opposed to fun.
Fish any conditions with a huge variety of lures without serious thumbing, and the demand for regular setting changes. Instances of backlash are massively reduced. The computer chip measures spool rotation 1000 times per second and applies breaking to suit. Now that’s a smart fishing reel. Rotation provides the chips’ charging mechanism, no batteries required.
The Shimano Curado DC Baitcaster Reel is well suited to anglers of all skills levels. It’s salt ready and ideal in the fresh. Target all of your inshore classics from fishing for Bass in the brackish to Bream on the banks and racks.
A full range of Shimano’s best technology makes the inclusions list. If you feel like chasing a Barra, go ahead, your Curado is more than capable, and armed for the challenge.
The Shimano Curado DC Reel for sale now is a baitcaster fishing reel priced relative to its flagship inclusions and advanced technology. It’s not about the money however, its all about incredible feel, precision and robust construction, to meet the most demanding fishing adventures. Check out the list below for models and inclusions.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Line Capacity (MM/M)||Braid Line Capacity Test (LB/Y)||Gear ratio||Approx weight|
|CURADO DC 150||0.33/100||20/150||6.2:1||220g|
|CURADO DC 150 HG||0.33/100||20/150||7.4:1||220g|
|CURADO DC 150 XG||0.33/100||20/150||8.5:1||225g|
|CURADO DC 151 LEFT HAND||0.33/100||20/150||6.2:1||220g|
- 6+1 Ball bearings
- Max Drag: 5kg
- Cross Carbon Max Drag: 5kg
- Ball bearings: 6+1 (shielded anti rust)
- DC (Digital Cast Technology). IDC-4
- Anti-backlash reel (perfect for beginners and advanced anglers)
- Does not require batteries or charging (technology is powered by the cast)
- Ideal for freshwater or saltwater fishing
- Gearing Technologies: Micromodule, X-Ship
- Hagane Forged Body
Shimano Curado DC Baitcaster Fishing Reel Buyers Guide
Ideal for freshwater or saltwater fishing all that it boils down to is which gear ratio option you wish to purchase. Do you want a slower ratio reel for working lures such as cranks and divers slower in the snags or a high-speed reel for cranking back lures fast like spinner/buzz baits or surface lures over lilly pads and structure or in any other situations where certain techniques require a fast retrieve?
Our most popular choice is the Curado HG model that meets the best of both worlds, a happy medium. Though we have the few choices there for sale, it’s up to you to choose.
In terms of rod choices for those of you who are not too familiar with baitcaster fishing reels, you will require a baitcaster type rod to marry this reel to. We have plenty for sale (search baitcaster rod on our search tool).
- Shielded Anti-Rust bearing ensures your Curado DC Reel will endure under the tough salt conditions.
- IDC-4 technology will all but kill the occurrences of backlash in tough conditions. It will allow you to fish a huge range of lures and conditions without adjusting cast settings. There are 4 external settings for refining to cast demands
- The Hagane body eliminates flex and adds strength and impact resistance to the reel. Your gears are protected, allowing them to operate at peak spec, regardless of the pressure.
- Cross carbon drag offers a convenient range of selections and it’s silky smooth.
- Micromodule gearing is where smoothness meets reliability and uncompromising strength
- The high cast rating and high crank rating provide lightning speed options particularly suited to the pressure demands of tournament angling
The Shimano Curado DC Reel is the future of Baitcaster fishing. The seamless integration of High-tech microcomputers takes nothing from the skill of the angler yet removes an age-old, unwanted baitcaster inconvenience. Fish light, fish into the wind, and fish backlash free. Upgrade your Curado to the DC now.