Star Sinkers For Sale
The star sinker is an integral part of every serious surf anglers kit. It’s shape and weight serves an important role that ultimately will assist you in catching more fish. Don’t listen to those who tell you lead is lead, nothing could be further from the truth. Different fishing sinker shapes and configurations are not developed simply to stand out on a shelf to attract anglers with a bulging wallet. Shape serves a purpose and the Star sinkers for sale now have an important role to play when you are fishing a sandy sea bed.
Shaped a little like an upturned pyramid, the star sinker has an eye in the end to connect it to your mainline. The shape allows it to wedge hard in the sand which is important when you wish to keep you bait in the strike zone. A lateral sweep, strong waves and current can quickly move a ball sinker out of the gutter that contains the feeding fish. This gives you limited time with your bait in the feeding zone.
While the bait may not move as ‘naturally’ as you would prefer with all the weight and a stationary position, you still have the advantage as the bait is there in the feeding zone. Star sinkers usually have a little weight about them, so it can also provide some assistance when needing a longer cast. Make sure the rig is balanced however, as tangles and poor casting manners will result from a poorly balanced rig.
The Star sinkers are available in a few sizes. Makes sure you grab a selection so you are prepared for the demands of the waves and current on any particular day. (price is for one packet only – choose which size you require when ordering)
Features and Specifications
- Star Sinker
- Ideal for beach fishing
- Perfect for staying in the strike zone longer
- Better holding ability to sand
- Choose from either Size 1 (pack of 4), size 2, (Pack of 3), Size 3 (pack of 2) or Size 4 (pack of 2). Price is for one packet only – choose which size you require when ordering. Size 1 is small, size 2 is medium, size 3 is large and size 4 is the largest in the range.
- Holds the sandy bottom longer on the rough days ensuring you maximise your baits time in the strike zone.
- Ideal for the surf and other locations where there is a sandy sea bed.
No surf anglers kit is complete without a range of Star sinker sizes ready for deployment. When you need to anchor your bait in the strike zone because the surf is up, use a star sinker, you’ll catch more fish.