Shimano Backbone Rods - Overhead Boat Rods and Game Fishing Rods
The oceans toughest species require the toughest game rods. Marlin, Dogtooth, Yellowfin, Tiger Sharks, Sail Fish, and the list goes on. Poke a weak stick at these monsters and they’ll laugh at you. If you’re serious about breaking some records, serious about PB’s and serious game, you need a Shimano Backbone game rod, for sale now.
TC3 three-ply graphite weave provides the power, strength and stability. It’s the core of the Backbone, the fighting edge. The Slick butt assemble is designed for the extremes of game fishing. The unique design allows you to whip your rod from the holder while under serious load, with speed and ease. Wrapped in custom EVA grips, you can be assured, there’s plenty to hold on to in ergonomic comfort.
The design is classic game. The predominant Black is embellished with silver and gold, giving it a classy and slick look. It will sand out in the rod holders and in the brag photos such is its commanding appeal.
Each rod is 1.7 meters and one piece. Ratings start at 10kg, going through to the 37kg monster tamer with roller tip runner. Check the model number to see the Pac Bay guide configuration for each rod. Models have full fixed, full roller and tip roller only (choose which model option you want when making your order).
Whatever your blue water passion, the Shimano Backbone Rods have you covered on every level. Selection, performance, class and price point, make the Shimano Backbone Rods a no brainer for the serios blue water adventurer. Grab one now for a refined class of fishing or if your wallet allows buy a selection and cover all our offshore applications for consistency. After you have put a Backbone in your basket, click over to the TLD and check out Tyrnos lever drag reels. These awesome lever drags sit perfectly on your Backbone.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Line Rating||Guide Type|
|BBEL10RT||10kg||Heavy duty with Roller Tip|
|BBEL15RT||15kg||Heavy duty with Roller Tip|
|BBEL15RUN||15kg||Runner Tip and all HD runners|
|BBEL24RT||24kg||Heavy duty with Roller Tip|
|BBEL24RUN||24kg||Runner Tip and all HD runners|
|BBEL37RT||37kg||Heavy duty with Roller Tip|
- Model: Shimano Backbone Elite Fishing Rod
- Suitable for heavy boat and game fishing (offshore saltwater)
- TC3 Graphite Composite Blank Materiel
- Pacfic bay brand guide components
- EVA GRIPS
- Stroker Rod length 1.7m (5ft 7 inch)
- Suitable for heavy saltwater boat fishing and game fishing. Trolling and bottom bashing.
- Overhead only (will only suit overhead style fishing reels) DOES NOT SUIT SPIN REELS
Shimano Backbone Rod Buyers Guide
Firstly, runner tip, roller tip or fully rollered? That is the big question! If you are looking for an all-round rod then usually the standard runner tip model will suit best, you can do some basic trolling with this rod or heavy bottom bashing on the reefs. Runner tip makes a better choice for those that wish to fish with braid.
Roller models provide the added advantage of reducing friction between the line and the guides making them Ideal for trolling especially for large game fish. Standard rod guides can generate heat which can weaken mono which is why we personally recommend roller tip or fully rollered model for anglers using mono lines trolling lures or baits especially for large game and sports fish.
Next you need to pick a kg rating.
A Backbone 10 matches well with reels such as the TLD 20 using 10kg line. Ideal for mackerel, small tuna, kingfish and mid class game fish.
Backbone 15kg matches well to a 30-size game fishing reel with 15kg line to target tuna, sailfish, mahi mahi and other moderate class game fish species.
24Kg is perfect for use with a 50-size game reel and 24kg line. A great rod for targeting marlin, large tuna and other larger class game fish.
37kg model is ideal for targeting marlin and other large game fish using 37kg line class mono. We recommend a 50LRS or 80W reel on this rod.
- The Shimano Backbone Rod is beautifully crafted and has traditional game rod cosmetic features with contemporary lines, making it appealing to Game anglers old and new.
- TC3 construction is three-ply graphite weave that provides incredible strength and stability under the huge loads of angry game fish.
- The butts allow easy removal from holders under load, with the custom EVA grips providing ergonomic comfort for the long battle.
- The backbone game rods are the perfect rod paired with the legendary TLD and Tyrnos lever drag reels. Now that’s a combo with backbone.
Hit the game waters in style with a rod that you know will be the backbone of any intense and lengthy battle. The oceans biggest require Shimano’s best, else you’re seriously under prepared. Select your Shimano Backbone Rod in time for your next blue water adventure.