Penn Fathom II Level Wind Reel for Saltwater Fishing
The Penn Fathom II Level Wind Fishing Reel, while a robust go-to workhorse, sacrifices nothing in feel and class. The Penn Fathom Level Wind Reel for sale now is built to handle severe punishment. However, four super smooth bearings and a convenient level wind system add a serious level of poise and performance that bump it up into a higher pedigree status.
The Fathom blends its poise with determined belligerence. It’s less likely to be impacted by your rough and a favourite for charter boat captains as it offers all the feel and performance that anglers enjoy while being capable of withstanding the incredibly harsh treatment, traditionally dealt out by charter clientele.
The Penn Fathom Reel will be ideal for bouncing the bottom, Jigging, and fishing live baits. It will also be a good reel for trolling up sport fish. Target just about everything you find offshore. There is plenty of spool capacity and a whopping max 13kg of fishing stopping HT-100 carbon fibre drag.
Full metal housing keeps the powerful gears in perfect mesh. A fast gear access side plate provides easy access for maintenance, particularly when you’re on the run managing several tasks at once.
Penn Fathom Level Wind Reel sits at a very accessible price point. It will suit the angler looking for a robust, fish everyday reel with performance extras. While brilliant offshore, the Fathom II will be ideal for the inshore fisherman chasing big Mulloway. It will also suit the rock angler looking to pick off pelagics with live baits.
Penn Fathom Level Wind Reel offers endurance, power and performance in a hard-wearing versatile package made for the angler that tends to be aggressive with equipment. All that is left is for you to check out the specs below and pick a size.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Approx Mono Line Capacity||Approx Braid Line Capacity||Gear Ratio||Retrieve Per Crank||Max Drag (Kg)||Weight|
|Fathom 30LW||465yds/25lb |
|Fathom 50LW||430yds/40lb |
- Model: Penn Fathom II Level Wind Reel
- Drag washer System HT-100 carbon fibre
- Full Metal Body and metal side plates
- Fast Gear Access Via the Side Plate
- Stainless 4+1 ball bearing system
- Right Hand Winding
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Suggestion Guide
The primary purpose of the Fathom Reel is offshore saltwater boat fishing. It’s a reel that can be used for bottom bashing the reefs for snapper, morwong and other reef fish but can be used for some average trolling and drifting too. As this form of reel is an overhead type, you will need to purchase an overhead model rod only to suit. For saltwater offshore boat fishing, most overheads are between 5ft – 6ft 6inch in length. Use the search tool on our website for overhead rods.
If you’re looking to purchase a rod and finding yourself a little lost in the process, get in touch with us for some suggestions.
- The full metal body protects gear alignment allowing them to work continuously at peak while under severe load.
- Four stainless bearing deliver enduring performance and an incredibly smooth feel for such a work-horse reel.
- The quick gear access side plate allows you to access internals quickly, for easy maintenance.
- 13 kg max of HT-100 drag is more than enough stopping power. You are also backed up by very generous spool size, should you need to let an extra-large fish take a run.
- Choose the smaller reel for a faster wind if you are casting frequently or grab the 50 for serious cranking power if the intent is fish deep and hard.
The Penn Fathom II Level Wind Reel is a tough reel for a tough angler. Built to handle regular abuse from fish and fisherman, your Penn Fathom II Level Wind Reel for sale now will be your go-to choice for the tough stuff on every fishing adventure you take.