Mustad Big Gun Heavy Duty Fishing Hooks Single Packet
Mustad Big Gun hooks (10829NP -BN) are serious hooks for serious fisherman who want to catch serious fish. Whether you’re a bait fisherman who chases bream, snapper, mangrove jack and coral trout or a big game angler live baiting for kingfish, tuna and other big fish. What ever the fishing situation there’s a Mustad Big Gun hook ready to go!
Features and Specifications
- Chemically Sharpened Needle point ( NP) for an ultra sharp point straight out the box
- Black Nickel (BN) finish for added corrosion resistance.
- High Carbon non tempered steel for strength without adding bulk
- Offset hook point for easy penetration and strong hook set.
Quantity of Mustad Big Gun Fshing Hooks Per packet is as follows
- Size 12/0 = 3pcs
- Size 8/0 = 3pcs
- Size 7/0 = 3pcs
- Size 6/0 = 4pcs
- Size 5/0 = 4pcs
- Size 4/0 = 5pcs
- Size 3/0 = 5pcs
- Size 2/0 = 6pcs
- Size 1/0 = 7pcs
- Size 1 = 8pcs
- Size 2 = 8pcs
- Size 4 = 8pcs
Fishing Hook and Species Guide
|Common Species||Suitable Big Gun Hook Sizes|
|Australian Salmon||2/0 to 8/0|
|Groper||3/0 to 6/0|
|Kingfish||4/0 to 12/0|
|Mangrove Jack||1/0 to 2/0|
|Morwong||2/0 to 6/0|
|Mulloway||6/0 to 12/0|
|Samson Fish||2/0 to 8/0|
|Silver Trevally||1/0 to 3/0|
|Snapper||2/0 to 8/0|
|Tailor||2/0 to 8/0|
|Threadfin Salmon||1/0 to 4/0|
* This guide is a general guide only for common fish species if you are targeting a species not listed and are not sure what hook size to choose contact us or use an internet search engine for instant results.
Hook Size Guide
Note: Above image is not to real life scale so please use the square grid and metrics supplied above to determine hook size.
- 1/0 - Perfect for the rock or estuary fisher targeting fish like bream, trevally and rock blackfish using flesh type baits like striped tuna, pilchards, cunjevoi or royal reds
- 2/0 -3/0 The perfect size for slightly larger baits and fish, use these hooks to target pan to mid sized reds offshore. Or for the northern anglers a great live bait hook in the Northern estuaries for fish like mangrove jack, fingermark or barramundi.
- 4/0 -5/0 - The big fish hook! A favourite among snapper fisho’s who want to catch big reds the nice open gape and mid sized shank size are great for presenting a squid or pilchard bait. Also these hooks are the secret weapon for many South coast groper fishers using crabs.
- 6/0 -7/0 -8/0 The big, big fish hook. For big baits and big fish. These hooks are perfect size to live bait small to mid sized slimy mackerel or yakka’s. Also a great hook on the northern reefs for pearl perch, coral trout and sweetlips.
12/0 - The serious big fish hook designed for larger live and dead baits and anglers who are chasing big fish like mulloway, kingfish and tuna.