Black Magic Hooks KL Black Series (Economy size value packs)
Black Magic KL black series hooks support the notion that not all hooks are created equally. The KL Black series are a circle hook and designed with a host of benefits not the least of which is that you will catch more fish. This is not idle anecdotal hearsay. This has been proven by independent studies that really had nothing to gain whatever the results and conclusions.
NSW department of fisheries undertook a study to determine if circle hooks, as in the Black Magic KL black series, would result in more fish being hooked through the mouth and therefore more likely to survive when released. The results were astonishing. Here is an example of the results showing the percentage of fish hooked through the mouth and not deep hooked. For common Yellowfin Bream 90%, Dusky Flathead 96% with White Marlin an incredible 100%.
The chances of survival with no damage for these fish on release is exceptionally high. What they also discovered during testing is that there was “Improved hook-up and landing rates for many species.” And “The strike time is not as crucial for hook-up of fish.” They also found that “Lighter leaders/traces can be used as the line is generally away from abrasive mouth surfaces.”
They may cost a little more than other brands but the cost is nothing compared to the incredible benefits of the revolutionary Black Magic KL black series hooks. The economy pack listed here will cover most applications and is great value for money. The hooks are targeted at those anglers that wish to protect our precious resource while catching more fish.
Features and Specifications
|Size||Hooks In Packet|
- Reduced deep hooking
- Improved survival of released fish
- Decreased loss of fishing tackle.
- Improved hook-up
- The strike time is not as crucial for hook-up of fish.
- Lighter leaders/traces can be used
- A cross between a ‘longline’ hook and a wide gap hook
- Ideal for just about any sort of fishing
Note: Price for 1 pack only - choose required size when ordering
Fishing Hook and Species Guides
|Common Species||Suitable KL Hook Sizes|
|Australian Salmon||2/0 to 4/0|
|Bream||6 to 1/0|
|Whiting or Dart||6 to 2|
|Flathead||2 to 3/0|
|Barramundi||1 to 5/0|
|Kingfish||4/0 to 8/0|
|Mangrove Jack||1/0 to 2/0|
|Morwong||2/0 to 6/0|
|Mulloway||4/0 to 8/0|
|Samson Fish||2/0 to 8/0|
|Silver Trevally||1/0 to 3/0|
|Snapper||2/0 to 8/0|
|Tailor||2/0 to 8/0|
|Threadfin Salmon||1/0 to 4/0|
- Reduced deep hooking means fish to be released have a much better chance of survival.
- Improved survival rates of released fish means our fishing resource is protected.
- Improved hook up rates means far greater catch potential. Simply better fishing.
- Less pressure at strike time results in a greater hook up rate.
- Brilliant for tournament fishing due to far lower chances of foul hooking fish.
The experts have got it right here. Black Magic KL black series circle hooks are simply better than others. Environmental benefits aside, the bottom line is, they will increase your hook ups. The economy size packs represent great value.