Abu Garcia Max Pro Reel - Baitcaster fishing reel
At just a touch over 200g the Abu Garcia Max Pro Baitcaster fishing reel provides plenty of performance in a tight little package. Lure anglers will love the Max Pro as it allows for affordable precision for getting the best out of various lures.
Don’t be afraid to up your fishing lure size, as the Abu Garcia Max Pro will take a hungry Saratoga, Barramundi, Cod, Mulloway and 90 plus Lizards (flathead) without flinching. There is flexibility in the Max Pro that is well suited to several applications. Trolling or casting the inshore grounds will become a special with the Abu Garcia Max Pro Reel, but the 8kg of drag might convince some brash anglers to hunt the lurks of much bigger fish. The Max Pro is up to it; why not push the limits.
You’ll be stunned at the price. Many anglers, particularly those on their first venture into overhead style reels, often collapse when they see the prices. Modern fishing has changed, however, and baitcasters like the ABU Max Pro are meant to be affordable and, indeed are.
Baitcasters are exciting reels, and the lower price tags of the modern baitcaster have seen the upper class of the fishing reel family maintain its status of reel king over the proliferation of a potential throne-toppling spin reel. Spin reels have indeed grown with the advancement of jaw-dropping technology, but some would argue that they will never top the class and distinction of a good baitcaster. Discover the world of baitcasters; buy an Abu Garcia Max Pro baitcaster, exceptionally smooth yet built to handle the rough stuff.
Features and Specifications
- Model: Abu Max Pro 4 (formally pro max)
- Style of Reel: Baitcaster (Suits baitcaster rods only)
- Monofilament line capacity: 12 lb/120yd
- Braid Capacity: 30 lb/120yd or 20lb/155yd
- Weight: Approx 210 grams
- Max Drag: 6.8kg
- Gear Ratio: 7.1:1
- 7 Ball Bearings (Stainless Steel) & 1 roller bearing
- Machined double anodized aluminium spool
- Drag System: Powerdisk
- Gearing: Brass (Abu Duragear)
- MagTrax brake system
- Compact bent handle and star
- Recessed reel foot
- Reel is made of a graphite frame (one piece) along with graphite side plates.
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Selection Guide
Baitcasters are commonly known for their casting accuracy in tight snaggy terrain and are ideal for chasing fish species such as barra, mangrove jack, murray cod, saratoga, mulloway in cases and even yellowbelly (Golden Perch). So, where an angler is likely to use a baitcaster reel is more likely than not in rivers, lakes, dams and ponds.
When finding the appropriate rod for one of these fishing reels, we suggest looking at our Baitcaster Fishing Rods.
- Outstanding ergonomics allow for more efficient reel management.
- MagTrax helps end the dreaded backlash many novices find that turns them of overheads.
- Duragear brass gearing provides the foundation for a long reel working life regardless of the punishment.
- 8kg of Power Disk drag will see you tackle fish you may consider outside the capacity of such a lightweight reel.
- The ported aluminium spool removes unnecessary weight for better performance.
- Seven stainless bearings give you smooth operation while providing excellent durability and reel longevity.
A handsome list of features makes the Max Pro stand out in a crowded entry-level overhead market. Perfect for the baitcaster newbie and the experienced alike, the Max Pro is built to be durable, high-performance value for money. Again, ABU looks after our budgets with quality kit.