Abu Garcia Max X Reel – Baitcaster
The ABU Garcia Max X baitcaster is the sort of no-nonsense fishing reel that will handle the regular punishment dished out by fanatical top-end Barra anglers. Check the rivers during the runoff, and you will see every style of rod reel and fishing imaginable as hordes of anglers chase our most famous of fish.
You are guaranteed to see three in a tinnie treating their reels and kit with utter contempt. Durability is order of the day in the tropics as all the elements, and the anglers themselves try everything to destroy their kit. You want a fishing reel that has the performance to get the lures where required and battle our toughest competitor when hooked. It also needs to handle being smacked about the bottom of the boat, impacted on gunnels, pointed at crocks and doused in blood, sweat and the inevitable tears.
Simplicity is your answer to trouble-free fishing, and the Abu Garia Max X gives you performance coupled with simplicity. Whether cast or trolled, you will fish with confidence knowing your fishing reel will do as it’s told with elegance and blind loyalty yet handle a fair level of rough treatment.
Great ergonomics and styling are standard, as is the affordable price tag. When looking for a lightweight baitcaster reel with plenty of grunt, capability and a strong constitution, you need to look no further than the Abu Garcia Max X Baitcaster. The Max X is excellent entry-level technology, brilliant for the harsh Aussie conditions and determined Aussie anglers.
Features and Specifications
- Model: Abu Garcia Max X Baitcaster Series 4 (formally known as black Max)
- Approx Mono Capacity: 12lb/120 yards
- Approx Braid Capacity: 30lb/120 yards
- Max Drag: 6.8kg
- Gear Ratio: 6.4:1
- Apoprox weight 210 grams
- Bearings: 4 (stainless steel) & 1 roller bearing
- Machined aluminium spool
- Power Disk drag system
- Duragear brass gears
- MagTrax brake system
- Compact bent handle and star drag knob
- Recessed reel foot
- One piece graphite frame coupled with side plates made also of graphite
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Selection Guide
Abu Max X Reels are designed for fishing with casting accuracy in places like rivers, lakes, dams and large ponds or billabongs for many of our prized Australian fish such as Barramundi, Cod, Saratoga and well as Golden Perch, Australian Bass and more.
For a Baitcaster to work correctly and in harmony, you must ensure you own a Baitcaster Fishing Rod.
- Fast gearing for excellent lure fishing flexibility.
- Lightweight yet very strong. Capable of far more than its size suggests.
- The MagTrax brake system allows for the use of friendly casting, mitigating against the backlash.
- The one-piece graphite frame allows for uncomplicated, on-the-run maintenance.
- Duragear Brass gears will see your reel enjoy a long working life, battle after battle.
- The power disk drag is very smooth and reliable. Perfect for providing confidence when the fight gets tough.
- The star drag knob and handle are well-positioned, providing excellent ergonomics and hand movement efficiency.
The Abu Garcia Max X Baitcaster is an excellent entry-level baitcaster. You will get all the performance without the high-end price tag, and it will see you through many a session operating as new, consistently and reliably. Baitcasters of this quality have never been so affordable. Get your Max X now and hit the river.