Abu Garcia Rayrex Blackfish Rod
The ABU Garcia Rayrex blackfish rod is for sale now at the fishing tackle shop. We encourage all luderick legends as well as the novice and completely uninitiated to purchase a Rayrex, and go and get stuck into some hard-fighting luderick.
The art of luderick (blackfish) fishing has been with us forever. Never really considered mainstream fishing, it nonetheless has a surprisingly large band of dedicated enthusiasts.
When it comes to fishing, there’s nothing they’d rather do than float-up and cast weeded sneck hooks at the dark scaled, stout little powerhouse.
Given that luderick are hardcore fighters and like to live around the ocean rocks, luderick fishing can be, and often is, very exciting.
While the diehard blackfish angler is forever loyal, the popularity of luderick fishing tends to wax and wane. The soft plastic explosion seemed to herald decreased interest in luderick fishing.
As things cycle, so too does fads and fashions in fishing. Blackfish angling is on the rise again. Slow and steady it may be, but manufacturers are starting to produce the innovative product to meet demand, and plenty of new luderick anglers are discovering the thrills of the sport as well as the nuances of blackfish technique.
The Rayrex 1062SP-UL fishing rod, or secret squirrel, as it’s affectionately referred to, is a new approach to blackfish rods that take out the traditional extra heavy, back-breaking, burdensome weight of blackfish rods of old.
The HSC composite blanks F65 Flex System provides greater strength while keeping things ridiculously light. Add to this a cork & EVA grip design with a skeletal graphite reel seat, and you’re taking luderick fishing well into the modern age.
The rod will easily mount a standard 3000 size spin reel. For those of you with smaller Baitrunner spin reels, you’re very well placed.
The Fuji Fazlite guides are perfect for luderick rigs. And you’ll find ABU have taken great care to produce a fantastic looking rod that performs like a champion.
Kit up with an Abu Garcia Rayrex Blackfish Rod then hit the rocks, lakes or rivers and hook into some luderick. Watching you float disappear beneath the surface becomes incredibly addictive.
Features and Specifications
- Type: blackfish (luderick) rod
- As graphite construction not super whippy like a fibreglass rod but is ultra sensitive to feel and bite detection
- Makes a fantastic ultra light beach rod for whiting, bream and flathead
- Length: 10ft 6 inches
- Construction: 2 Piece / Splits in half
- Line Class Rating: 1-5kg
- Guides: Fuji Fazlite
- HSC blanks (High Strain Composite)
- Cork & EVA design with Skeletal Graphite reel seat
- F65 Flex System provides, higher strength
Fishing Application and Fishing Reel Suggestion Guide:
The Abu Garcia Secret Squirrel RYX1062SP-UL fishing rod is ideal for fishing ultra-light 1-5kg line classes. Perfect for luderick fishing from lakes, rocks and rivers.
The Secret Squirrel is not just specifically for luderick; it’s an ideal light long casting rod for targeting bream, whiting and flathead in beach gutters or large estuary systems.
Our ideal suggestion is to pair this rod up with a 3000 sized spin reel though you could use anywhere from 2500 through to a 4000.
- Perfect for light fishing styles including river, beach, lake and ultra-light rock. An ultra-light multi-purpose rod.
- The blank technology delivers all the strength and power while stripping the weight that has traditionally been the bane of all blackfish rods.
- Features such as the Skeletal Graphite reel seat are also included to reduce the weight while enhancing performance.
- The Fuji Fazlite guides also keep weight to a minimum while improving casting manners and line management generally.
The Abu Garcia Rayrex Blackfish Rod, the Secret Squirrel, is for sale now at the fishing tackle shop. For the diehard blackfish anglers, we encourage you to update and take your fishing to a new level of performance and comfort. For the new anglers to the sport, now’s the time to grab a great rod and discover the joys of luderick fishing with the right gear.