New Shimano Tekota A Reel – Saltwater Overhead Boat Fishing Reel
The Shimano Tekota A 500 600 or 800 overhead reel has had an upgrade, and it’s brilliant. Having already enjoyed a loyal following, the new version is certain to attract certified fans as well as a whole new following.
Always robust and versatile, the new Tekota has increased strength by 50%, reduced the size by 20% and retained the generous spool capacities and high cranking power. Many will suggest that the best inclusion is Coreprotect which helps towards keeping the salt water out and that is critical if you want to get a longer life from your investment. With less worry surrounding salt water ingress, your Tekota will perform at peak for countless sessions.
The S-Compact body in tandem with the Hagane body has allowed for the significant reduction in reel size. Larger gears were added which has increased strength by a whopping 50%. Your new Shimano Tekota Reel will now stand up to the serious challenges from the likes of Tuna and Kingfish.
While mono line is fine for the traditionalist, braids allow you to maximise performance. The classic star drag delivers fingertip drag control, and the handle is made for cranking challenging loads. With 11kg-16Kg of drag and plenty of line capacity, there’s little in the ocean you can’t point your Tekota at, confident of a win.
Your new Shimano Tekota 500, 600 or 800 overhead for sale now can do it all. This is an awesome upgrade and comes highly recommended for anglers looking for a well mannered workhorse that can do just about anything. You’ll never tire of fishing your new Tekota fishing reel, in fact, it will inspire you. Buy yours now.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Ratio||Drag (Kg)||Approx braid Line Capacity||Approx Mono Capacity||Line Capacity (MM/M)||Weight (g)|
|TEKOTA 500 A||6.3:1||11||40lb/390yds
|TEKOTA 600 A||6.3:1||11||40lb/540yds
- Model: Shimano Tekota A Reel Series
- Bearings: 3+1 (4+1 on 800 size)
- Max Drag: 11Kg (16Kg on 800 Size)
- S-Compact body
- Hagane Body
- High Cranking Power
- 50% strength increase on previous model
- Right hand crank
Note: Price is for 1 reel only. Choose which size when ordering. Price can vary depending on which model you choose to purchase. Muttiple images of Tekota A are for illustration only - there may be slight differences between model sizes.
Shimano Tekota A Buyers Guide
The new Tekota A Reel is compact so whilst traditionally an offshore saltwater boat fishing reel it’s compactness could allow for multiple inshore options as well, such as barra and murray cod fishing. Your choice will simply boil down to what line capacities you need or prefer and how heavy you fish when deciding between the size models we have for sale. The 600 is slightly bigger and holds a decent line capacity especially braid.
The 800 size is a high capacity reel for offshore fishing.
These are an overhead reel which means they will require an overhead rod to match. For offshore, your conventional saltwater offshore boat rod in around 5-7ft overhead style will be fine with either size reel in the series. The heaviness of the rod will be determined by the line class you use.
If you need a hand in choosing a fishing rod to match the new Tekota A Reel then simply touch base with our team and we will provide a few options for you.
- The new Shimano Tekota A Reel has managed to increase the strength by 50% yet reduced the size by 20% on the previous model without losing line capacity.
- The S-compact body reduces fatigue and provides a more connected feel yet strength has been increased by half.
- High cranking power ensures you are optioned for a broader lure selection and a more diverse range of conditions and targets.
- Coreprotect is a great addition to the new model. It helps to keep reel destroying salt water out ensuring your Tekota has a lonerg working life at peak spec.
- The Hagane body is lightweight yet incredibly strong and rigid. Without twist, there is no loss of power and your gears are protected, operating with a perfect mesh even under the heaviest loads.
The Shimano Tekota A Reel in 500, 600 or 800 size present an ocean of possibilities. The new inclusions in this latest incarnation, especially the strength upgrade and size reduction, will ensure the Tekota wins a brand new fan base. Get yours now and beat the rush.