Bait Sieve – Great for Use with Nipper Pump
Many anglers regard live nippers or saltwater yabbies as being the most effective of all estuary baits. To obtain these highly enticing forms of live bait, there are two crucial items you need by your side. The first of these is a nipper pump to draw them out of the sand or mud, and the second being a bait sieve to collect them.
All you need to do with it is squirt the sand from a nipper/bait pump directly into the sieve. Then you can swirl the sand around until it drops through the tiny holes, leaving the nippers and yabbies visible and easy to gather.
You can even use the sieve in deep water by attaching a floatation device. Recommended options include a 16-inch bicycle tyre tube or pool noodle. Simply attach the device with the aid of electrical zip ties to firmly secure the sieve. Keep the sieve close by attaching a rope or cord between it and your body.
Features and Specifications
- Firm plastic construction
- Suitable holes for sand drainage
- You can add floatation devices for use in deep water
- You can attach the sieve to your body with a cord
NOTICE: Colours will vary from image - the colour we receive can change from batch to batch
- Catch live bait like nippers or otherwise known as saltwater yabbies by squirting in sand from a bait pump and then letting it drop through the holes. The live bait will be left in prime position to be gathered up and prepared for use.
- A floatation device, such as bicycle tyre tubing or a pool noodle should you add one, will allow you to bring the sieve alongside as you venture into deeper waters for bait.
- To ensure the sieve remains safely by your side, it is recommended that a cord or rope be attached to your body and the sieve.
Affordable live bait is in plentiful supply when you search the sands of estuaries for nippers. These creatures make for ideal live bait and can easily be caught when you have a quality bait sieve with your nipper pump. Make an order with the Fishing Tackle Shop.