Shimano Baitrunner OC 4000 fishing reel
The Shimano Baitrunner OC fishing reel is the latest release in Shimano's range of Baitrunner type fishing reels, replacing the original BTR series Baitrunner fishing reel. OC model Baitrunner can also be known as the Shimano Oceana Baitrunner fishing reel. The Shimano OC Baitrunner fishing reel contains a lot of features that were in previous BTR series fishing reels but also compromises lot of new technologies bringing this reel up to scratch to take it well into the future.
Features and Specifications
- Model BTR4000OC
- 3+1 double sided, shielded, stainless steel ball bearings
- Easy access oil maintenance port
- Original Baitrunner system
- Vari-speed oscillation
- Propulsion line management
- Aluminium spool
- Dyna Balance Anti Wobble System
- Fluid Drive II gearing System
- Super Stopper 2 anti reverse system
- Fishing line capacity for monofilament 4kg/220 metres, 5kg /183 metre
- Power pro braided line capacity of 15lb/270 metres or 20lb/190 metres
- Gear ratio 4.8:1
- Weight of this reel is approximately 380 grams
- The Baitrunner OC 4000 is a relatively small sized Baitrunner fishing reel making this fishing reel ideal for lightweight fishing in rivers lakes or off the boat.
- 3+1 double sided, shielded stainless steel ball bearings ensure you have a top performing reel to handle saltwater fishing with ease.
- Easy access oil maintenance port allows you to maintain your fishing reel easily at regular intervals without having to pull apart your whole reel.
- Propulsion Line Management System is the ultra-modern Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting assessments plus computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design can provide extended casting distances than a standard spool lip design whilst preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming. It furthermore allows the fishing line to stream off from the spool in smaller loops during the cast which means a lesser amount of slap relating to the stripper guide. This means longer casts along with a reduced amount of friction. The Propulsion spool furthermore utilises an extended stroke design to further increase the casting distance. Additionally, there is less bouncing of the line on the spool lip like on a standard spinning spool. Due to the unique shape of the Propulsion spool, the fishing line flows consistently off of the spool. So, with a typical spool, friction alternates from heavy to light as the fishing line slaps the spool lip. This causes backlash and inconsistent line speeds. The Propulsion spool lip provides consistently light friction to overcome these situations.
- Varispeed oscillation to ensure a more accurate line lay along with ensuring line twist and friction no longer pose a problem.
- Aluminium spool ensures you have a durable strong spool able to withstand the pressures of fighting powerful fish.
- Baitrunner function disengages drag so the fish can play around with the bait you strike. Especially good on fish such as snapper and mulloway.
- Dyna Balance Anti Wobble System -This attribute eliminates wobble in the course of the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to boost sensitivity as well as smoothness. By utilizing computer balancing, an approach much like automobile tire balancing, we can redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation plus get rid of vibrations caused by the reel.
- Fluid Drive II gearing System - Building upon the successes of Fluidrive, that provides exceptionally tight tolerances and control in the cutting process, Fluidrive II polishes the gear surface to maximize tooth contact. This increases the effectiveness of the retrieve for more power with not as much of effort.
- Super Stopper 2 anti reverse system - Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way bearing that eliminating backplay.This provides the angler with instant hooksetting power. In some reels, the Super Stopper II may be turned off to allow backreeling for special techniques along with conditions.
Fishing Rod suggestions
The Baitrunner OC 4000 will fishing reel will suit a large range of fishing rods however if you are stuck or have no idea, just a few suggestions of fishing rods that this particular fishing reel are:
- Ugly Stick Gold Fishing Rod 6' 2 piece rod - 4-8kg
- Shimano Starlo Classix Fishing Rod two Piece 762 Snapper
- Shimano Catana 732 Snaper Spin Fishing Rod
- Shimano Raider Mexican Fire Original 762 Snapper Fishing Rod
To find these fishing rods on our website simply use the search tool located on the top of our website. If you have trouble finding them or wish to obtain further advise feel welcome to contact us from any of the methods found on our ‘contact us’ page. Note: Image is for illustration purposes only. There may be some differences in actual reel to that you receive such as for example the handle may differ from image shown. If you are after a great quality baitrunner fishing reel that is not going to cost the earth then try a Shimano Baitrunner OC Fishing Reel.